Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home are looking for a Treasurer to Join their Board of Trustees
Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home has been a safe haven to stray animals since 1883, and still rescues over a thousand lost or abandoned dogs and cats every year. Led by their senior management team, the organisation is embarking on a journey to modernise and become more commercially focused to protect the legacy of this exceptional charity.
Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home is Edinburgh’s oldest Animal Welfare organisation, founded in 1883 by some citizens whose love of dogs motivated them to take action to alleviate the plight of strays roaming the streets of the city at that time.
iMultiply are delighted to be partnering with Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home to assist with the appointment of a Treasurer for their Board of Trustees. Please note this is a voluntary, unpaid position.
The role of the Treasurer within the board of Trustees is to ensure the financial affairs of the Home are in good order, specifically but not limited to:
- Ensuring the board of Trustees are aware of their financial duties and responsibilities;
- Advise the board of Trustees on the financial implications of the Home’s strategic plans and budgets;
- Chair any finance related sub-committees as required;
- Liaise with the CEO and Finance Business Partner in relation to the finances of the Home;
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with good practice and meet all statutory requirements, specifically the Charities SORP (FRS102);
- Ensure that proper procedures and controls are in place;
- Ensure that all statutory reporting requirements are fulfilled, such as those for HMRC, Companies House and OSCR;
- To review the annual external Audit Report with the CEO and Finance Business Partner;
- To ensure that relevant and accepted recommendations of the auditors are implemented;
- Monitor the overall financial health of the Home.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant – CA/ACCA/CCIMA/CIPFA
- Experience of operating as a Trustee
- Experience of operating as a Treasurer would be advantageous but not essential
- Someone that has a passion for the Home and a love for cats & dogs
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact John Gilbertson, Director: 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.