iMultiply are delighted to be working with a fantastic small organisation which is continually at the forefront of new developments within the NHS. The business currently requires an Office Manager for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. It is funded by the Scottish Government’s Chief Scientist Office, and aims to; generate income from ideas for the NHS; stimulate the Scottish economy by setting up and supporting healthtech related SMEs; and improve the efficiency of the NHS by helping to disseminate good practice across Health Boards
Research and development and innovation are core activities for our health and social care services in Scotland and developments in health and social care will depend on the science and discovery that underpins it.
SHIL plays a leading role in this transformation. It is the only organisation set up to work alongside NHS Scotland to carry out commercialisation activities. It also hosts the Central Management Team of NHS Research Scotland who work to ensure NHS Scotland provides the best environment to support clinical research.
This post will report to the Executive Chairman and will provide office management, board secretariat and other administrative support across SHIL. You will be responsible for managing a varied workload and you will become a key point of contact within the business for a range of financial, admin, HR, and communications matters.
Office Management duties
- Diary management for the Executive Chairman
- Booking meetings, accommodation and travel for all SHIL staff
- General admin including answering telephones, emails, welcoming visitors, printing, filing, purchasing office supplies, office equipment etc.
HR and Finance support
- Responsibility for all HR processes including but not limited to; issuing contracts to new starts; completing starters forms; preparing induction packs; organising job interviews and corresponding with candidates
- Carrying out staff appraisals and performance reviews as appropriate
- Overseeing staff recruitment
- Planning staff development and training
- Providing additional finance support as required
- Processing staff expenses
- Processing sickness and annual leave
- Assisting with financial data input
- Administration for SHIL Board meetings, SHIL Disclosure and Project Management meetings, NRS Strategy Board meetings and other committees as they arise.
- Correspondence with SHIL board members
- Plan meeting schedules, location and facilities
- Preparation and distribution of agendas, committee papers and presentations
- Scribe minutes of meetings, and record and circulate action points
- Maintain up-to-date logs of papers discussed at the meetings and decisions made
- Other administrative requirements as required
- Organising and catering for SHIL/ NRS events including staff training days.
- Supporting the SHIL communications department with event and conference coordination.
- Ad hoc/One off projects, such as, supporting the review of HR policies, drafting tender specification, obtaining supplier quotations
- Designing office procedures and processes
- Additional support as required to support SHIL and NRS CMT
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Standards
The role is offered on a Fixed Term basis for 12 months and comes with a generous remuneration package of £26k (depending on experience), as well as other benefits such as flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. There may be opportunities to extend the contract beyond 12 months depending on performance and the needs of the business.
To be considered for this role, you should fit the following requirements:
- A degree in business admin (or equivalent) is desirable
- You will need 3+ years’ experience of working in a small office environment
- You will be highly organised, a good communicator, efficient, and reliable
- Varied experience covering Finance, HR, Admin, IT will be essential
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
iMultiply are engaged exclusively on a retained basis as SHIL’s recruitment partner. If you have any queries regarding this position, then please contact Debbie Shields or Iain Hughes at the iMultiply office in Glasgow for a confidential discussion on 0141 648 9150. To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.