Background to the current opportunity
Due to continued growth and expansion across Europe, the business requires a new role of Project Controller to support the Operations Accountant with several projects to benefit all four European sites – Cowie, Inverness, South Molton and Genk.
These projects will involve business partnering with a variety of non-financial stakeholders across a range of key divisions including production, manufacturing, engineering, procurement, sales etc. Critical to the success and development of the role will be a candidate who possesses a strong and proactive approach to business partnering with industrial sector experience such as manufacturing, engineering, oil & gas or FMCG.
The first key projects will include:
- Product costings
- Automation of budgets into AX
- Fixed assets and capital reporting
- Process optimisation
- Identifying process gaps
- Statutory reporting
Roles & Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for and undertake:
- Scoping of work through to implementation of a costing system using newly introduced ERP system;
- Development of unutilized sections of new ERP system;
- Implementation of any regularity changes required in company accounting practices; and
- Support to the operational accounts team during high volume of work periods.
Qualification(s) / Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA or CIMA) or qualified by experience;
- Manufacturing experience – ESSENTIAL
- Advanced excel skills with the ability to manipulate data for financial analysis (including pivot tables and lookups)
- Effective communication – able to put across messages clearly and concisely;
- Experience in relationship management;
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills;
- Work on own initiative and manage own time effectively; and
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX
Package on offer
Salary: Competitive base salary
Normal working hours are 40 per week.
- Group Profit Share
- Employer Pension Scheme (employee minimum is 3.5% for employer contribution of 7%)
- Professional qualification subscriptions covered by company
- Professional Qualification and CPD Training financial support (where role relevant and agreed with line manager)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (which is free 24 hours access advice line)
- Access to Physiofocus (if required for ailments and agreed with Occupational Health)
23 days + 8 public days.
First round interviews will be with our retained advisors, iMultiply.
All applications should be sent to John Gilbertson, iMultiply, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note any direct or third-party introductions will be sent to iMultiply for review and assessment.