Background to the Current Opportunity
With a direct reporting line to the Operations Accountant, the position of Management Accountant will be highly varied and require a hands-on approach daily. The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the financial control of a European site. This encompasses day-to-day financial management, key reporting activities and providing key management information to support the decision-making processes, providing support for the budgeting and forecasting process along with ad-hoc reporting.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be expected to bring a continuous improvement mindset to existing systems and processes and work in conjunction with the Operations Accountant.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a global business with a very nimble and dynamic mindset. It will offer the successful candidate a chance to fully understand the key drivers of a manufacturing business with the benefit of being developed in the role directly by a supportive mentor.
Key to Success
It is likely that the successful individual would come from an industry background with preferable experience of manufacturing, FMCG or Oil and Gas sectors. The position may also suit a high calibre CA coming with detailed experience of auditing within a manufacturing portfolio.
Due to the high focus on ensuring accurate monthly reporting, it is critical that the successful candidate can work in a demanding commercial environment where there will be an expectation of producing several different reports on a regular basis. There will also be the opportunity to business partner and influence key stakeholders within the business which will require an open, honest and confident communication style.
It is essential that the successful candidate displays an ability to work at pace but also be very clear in their communications to their line manager and the wider business. Above all, this person must be an active participant in the operation and proactive in their approach to initiatives or tasks that may not necessarily be written in a job description.
In this highly varied and hands on role the post holder will be responsible for ensuring the financial control a European site. This role is stand alone, reporting directly to the Operations Accountant.
This hands role will require regular travelling to the post holders’ European site and occasionally to other European sites, when required.
Roles & Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for and undertake:
- Management and preparation of weekly site KPI reports;
- Management and preparation of month end and year end tasks;
- Monitoring of site capital projects;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis;
- Site compliance with, and testing of, SOX and company internal controls;
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Training and support of all management accountant trainees; and
- Support to the Operations Accountant with ad hoc financial information requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA or CIMA) or qualified by experience;
- Advanced excel skills - ability to manipulate data for financial analysis (including pivot tables and lookups);
- Open, honest and confident communication skills;
- Experience in relationship management;
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills;
- Work on own initiative and manage own time effectively; and
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience operating as a Management Accountant, preferably in a manufacturing environment; and
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX
One of our strategic priorities is to develop a world class safety culture and therefore any post holder must be prepared to display visible leadership and commitment to the Norbord culture. We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees, contractors and visitors by creating and maintaining a safe working environment. It is essential that the post holder understands safe working practices and always displays a commitment to working safely; ensuring safe work practices are in place. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- We believe everyone gets home safely.
- We believe all accidents are preventable when we work together.
- We believe in our company, our team and each other.
- We are Stronger Together.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
The post holder will be working on a manufacturing site and will wear appropriate PPE to meet the conditions in force at any given time, as laid down in the Norbord site rules. Due care and attention must be taken with PPE to ensure it remains fit for purpose at all times. The post holder will be given training and must have a sound knowledge of all appropriate forms of PPE, their uses and limitations.
The post holder must recognise the need for flexibility in their position due to the specific demands of the role. To this end they must be willing to work reasonable additional hours to cover situations such as absence of colleagues.
There are no major physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coping With Setbacks
The post holder must:
- Work productively in a pressurised environment;
- Keep emotions under control during difficult circumstances;
- Balance the demands of a work life and a personal life;
- Maintain a positive outlook at work;
- Handle criticism well and learn from it.
Package On Offer
Salary: £38,000-£42,000 per annum DOE
Hours: Normal working hours are 40 per week
- Group Profit Share
- Employer Pension Scheme (employee minimum is 3.5% for employer contribution of 7%)
- Professional Qualification Subscriptions covered by company
- Professional Qualification and CPD Training financial support (where role relevant and agreed with line manager)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (which is free 24 hours access advice line)
- Access to Physiofocus (if required for ailments and agreed with Occupational Health)
Hours: 23 days + 8 public days
First round interviews will be with our retained advisors, iMultiply.
Second stage will be conducted by Carol Brown, Group HR Manager and Jennifer Docherty, Operations Accountant.
Third stage will be conducted by Jennifer Docherty, Operations Accountant and Site General Manager (or equivalent).
All applications should be sent to Andrew Robinson at iMultiply. To apply, send your CV to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the APPLY link below.
Please note any direct or third-party introductions will be sent to iMultiply for review and assessment.