Payroll Project Manager
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCiL) is a user controlled organisation which supports disabled people, people with long-term conditions and elderly people, to live independently in their communities.
LCiL is an innovative and demanding initiative which has had a significant impact on the lives of disabled people, their families and the statutory authorities in the Lothian area.
The provision of support which enables disabled people to increase their level of self control in all aspects of their lives is highly complex. It requires sensitivity, an extensive knowledge of services which are available to disabled people and a wide knowledge of the concerns of disabled people.
The position of Payroll Project Manager is a newly created role to improve the current processes and procedures of the unique & critical service that LCiL provides. This role will work alongside and compliment a talented, dedicated and friendly team to enhance the overall service.
The Payroll Project Manager position is a 6 month contract role offering a pro ratad salary of £31,145 - £37,572 or could support an hourly rate of between £20-25 per hour. The offices are located 10/15 minutes from the city centre close to Leith.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
Financial Support specific admin tasks
- Review, design and implement changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness with payroll processes
- Identify and strategically plan necessary longer term-developments to ensure that all financial support services are fit for purpose and responsive to the funding and policy environment within which LCiL operates
- Manage the payroll and financial management support services team (the team is over all self-managing but requires regular supervision)
- Review and update current strategic plan
- Develop Delivery and operational plan with clear objectives and timescales
- Regularly review need and use of software to ensure that it is fit for services purposes
- Support CEO to formulate strategic and long-term business plans (incl. developing a growth strategy)
- Liaise with external agencies – e.g. HMRC, DWP, LAs, ILF-Scotland etc.on strategic issues
- Conduct service reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Maintain and update if necessary services policies and procedures
- Work with the database developer to ensure that system can produce reports fit for the purpose of the organisation
- Analyse and report on services data
- Manage computer software and systems
- Maintain data protection
- Review current disaster recovery plan
- Finalise a risk assessment strategy and regularly update a risk register
- Coordinate advice and information for distribution to service users on changes in legislation
- Actual payroll processing is not routinely part of the job unless deadlines are at risk of not being met.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Strong experience of payroll is essential
- Experience of project delivery
- Be creative while solution focused
- Able to challenge and be challenged by the CEO
- Strong knowledge of Sage payroll & pension auto-enrolment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Share LCIL values
If you would like more information regarding this position please contact Andrew Robinson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org