Part Time Accounts Project Manager (Fixed term contract)
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCiL) is a user-controlled organisation which supports disabled people, people with long-term conditions and older people, to live independently in their communities.
LCiL is an innovative and demanding initiative which has had a significant impact on the lives of disabled people, their families and the statutory authorities in the Lothian area.
The provision of support which enables disabled people to increase their level of self control in all aspects of their lives is highly complex. It requires sensitivity, an extensive knowledge of services which are available to disabled people and a wide knowledge of the concerns of disabled people.
The position of Accounts Project Manager is a newly created role to improve the current processes and procedures of the unique & critical service that LCiL provides. This role will work alongside and compliment a talented, dedicated and friendly Senior Management Team to enhance the overall organisation.
The Accounts Project Manager position is a part time contract role offering a competitive salary of £31,145 – £37,572 (FTE) or could support an hourly rate of between £20-25 per hour. The contract is expected to last for up to 6 months but could be subject to an extension. The offices are located 10/15 minutes from the city centre close to Leith.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Review LCiL accounts management and reporting system so that financial information is regularly available to the CEO and in a format accessible to the Board of the organisation
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts, and other financial reports as required by the Chief Executive, Team Leaders and Board Members
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive & Treasurer prepare and present budgets for consideration by the Board of Directors at commencement of each financial year
- Prepare and balance organisational accounts for presentation to the Auditor at the end of the financial year
- Prepare and submit annual return to OSCR
- In collaboration with Chief Executive and Treasurer develop unit costings for all LCiL services to achieve sustainability
- Prepare budgets for funding applications
- Oversee the day to day processing of all invoices, remittances, cheques etc. for all organisational activities
- Oversee the processing of Financial Support Services service users’ invoices and receipts + oversee credit control procedures
- Reconciling all organisational bank accounts
- Operation of a petty cash fund
- Preparation of online payments, acting as co-signatory with Chief Executive
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Accountancy qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work with multiple funding streams and funding timescales
- Exposure to reviewing, developing and improving processes & procedures
- Ability to interact, engage and influence stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient user of accountancy software and Excel
- Share LCIL values
If you would like more information regarding this position please don't hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org