iMultiply are delighted to be retained to supporting SB Cares with the appointment of a permanent Finance & Information Manager based at Newtown St Boswells near Melrose paying £38,718 - £40,488 plus a highly competitive benefits package.
SB Cares, the arm’s length organisation of Scottish Borders Council, which provides a variety of social care support services to the Scottish Borders, with an annual turnover of over £18mln per annum. The adult social care services include Care at Home, Care Homes, Day Services and Independent Living Services in the Scottish Borders.
This role provides the leadership, management and development of SB Cares’ finance & information team, finance policies and systems to ensure that the finance function performs effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the business and in accordance with good accounting practice and statutory requirements.
The position of Finance & Information Manager will offer a salary of £38,718 - £40,488 plus a highly competitive benefits package including generous holiday and pension allowances. SB Cares looks to lead by example by providing a sensible work life balance and is proud to be a flexible employer. The office premises are based at Newtown St Boswells near Melrose with parking facilities available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties.
- Lead the Finance & Information team within SB Cares to ensure the effective stewardship of its finances, to contribute to the development of SB Cares strategic plans, and support the delivery of its strategic and operational objectives.
- Lead and manage the production of financial plans, budgets and forecasts and that these are developed based on robust assumptions, using the appropriate cost driver and performance information. This will ensure that SB Cares effectively manages its operations within sound framework of financial management.
- Ensure the effective and efficient provision of financial, accounting and taxation guidance, complex modelling and analytical support to the SB Cares Board and its managers to enable sound decision making.
- Lead and manage the timely and accurate delivery of all of SB Cares financial, management and taxation accounting obligations and ensure that these secure the appropriate stewardship and integrity, and comply with statutory, regulatory and best practice frameworks. These will be required to be met within timescales established in agreed with the Finance & Commercial Director.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial systems and the efficient and effective stewardship and of financial processes within SB Cares.
- Actively engage with partner organisations to ensure the best value use of public funds, sharing of best practice and optimal use of shared resources. This will involve the management of key relationships with external parties who support SB Cares in terms of
- finance and performance. This will include banking and software suppliers, external auditors and HMRC.
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of appropriate financial management, accounting and internal control policies, processes and procedures to ensure robust stewardship throughout SB Cares financial management. Ensure that there is an effective financial management training programme in place for the Finance & Information team, budget holders and support staff to support the compliance with these.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW/CIMA/CIPFA
- Exposure to both financial and management accounting
- Supervisory or people management experience
- Ability to engage and influence non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.