iMultiply are delighted to be retained to support Edinburgh Airport with the appointment of a Business Partner for Operations.
A leading member of the finance team, this is a role requiring an individual with commitment, drive and ambition. Reporting to the Senior Business Partner for costs, this is a hands-on analytical finance role involved in identifying key financial trends, driving productivity improvements, providing insight into commercial opportunities and helping to shape the future direction of the business through sound and insightful financial analysis.
The successful candidate will primarily support the Chief Operating Officer and the leading members of the Operations team and it is therefore essential the candidate can build relationships with and influence key stakeholders.
As a member of the business partnering team, the role will also include the development of financial plans and budgets and oversight of management accounts to assist with the financial performance of the business.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Ownership of the Operations month end process including, but not restricted to, preparation and review of journals, preparation of management accounts together with variance analysis against budget and forecast;
- Partnering the Operations team to identify, validate and deliver cost productivity initiatives;
- Identifying underlying causes for variances from budgets and forecasts and supporting the development of action plans to ensure financial targets can be achieved;
- Monitoring the monthly financial performance of the business through attending weekly business performance meetings and regular dialogue with customers;
- Providing insightful commentary on financial performance for the Executive team and the Board;
- Delivering insightful analysis, interpretation and explanation of trends and variances across the operation;
- Supporting the Operations team in building the annual budget and challenging the business on expected levels of future costs;
- Preparing quarterly re-forecasts taking account of material external and internal factors.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – CA, ACCA, CIMA
- Educated to degree level would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen
- Proven commercial experience influencing senior stakeholders and their decision-making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson, Director on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.