Edinburgh: 0131 603 7747
Glasgow: 0141 648 9150
Belfast: 028 9244 9980
This international accountancy and business advisory firm currently requires an Executive to join its growing Valuations team in Scotland
The Firm is one of the largest accountancy practices in the UK, offering Tax, Audit, Assurance and a range of advisory services.
An Executive will be working on a portfolio of valuation clients and be responsible for the timely completion and quality delivery of engagements. You will support Senior Staff and Partners with project work, build excellent client relationships, and assist with marketing and business development projects.
A competitive remuneration package, excellent training and support and opportunities for future career progression
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the firms risk management and client take-on procedures have appropriately been complied with.
• Provide effective project management of valuation engagements from inception to completion.
• Assist on technical valuation analyses for a variety of purposes including for accounting, tax, commercial and forensic engagements.
• Deliver clear, succinct and robust draft valuation reports that are fit for purpose and accessible to non-technical readers.
• Manage client expectations and relationships skilfully through timely and appropriate communication.
• Provide effective intellectual input and challenge to senior members of staff in the completion of projects with conceptual complications.
• Carry out relevant technical research relevant to a specific area of valuations – disseminate key findings to the valuation team.
• Maintain a network of professional and business contacts, identify and recognise business opportunities.
• Contribute to talks, by way of seminars and presentations, both internally and externally, on valuations subjects.
• Contribute to the team’s digital marketing strategy by publishing research and topical thought pieces on social media.
• Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and strive to enhance our service offering.
• Ideally some valuation experience gained from another professional services firm or elsewhere
• High level understanding of valuation techniques including: discounted cash flow, multiples analysis, options and other derivatives pricing, intangible asset valuation techniques.
• Adept ability to interpret financial statements
• Good commercial acumen and ability to understand the internal and external drivers of value for a given asset.
• Strong business writing, analytical and excel modelling skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent academic background including a professional qualification in accountancy or other related financial discipline (e.g. CA or CFA).
| Copyright © 2019
Hopetoun Gate, 8b McDonald Road, Leith, United Kingdom, Midlothian, Edinburgh, EH7 4LZ
Registered in Scotland