Edinburgh: 0131 603 7747
Glasgow: 0141 648 9150
Belfast: 028 9244 9980
A market leading, international accountancy practice currently requires an experienced Trust and Executry Manager to join its Glasgow based Tax team.
This well known, 'Top 20' practice has a strong presence in Scotland offering audit, accountancy, tax, legal and advisory services.
Managing the day to day activities of the Trust & Executry team under the direction of the Senior Trust & Executry Manager
A competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression, a modern working environment and agile working
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide support and guidance to the Team Leaders in the day to day management of the Trusts and on-going Executries
• To support the Senior Manager in the achievement of fee targets while delivering a high quality service
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of and ensure compliance, via a training and monitoring regime, with regulatory rules impacting on all activities of the business, including ICAEW Client Money Regulations, Anti Money Laundering procedures, Data Protection implications, etc.
• To manage a personal portfolio of high quality/more complex Trust and Executry cases as required
• To ensure all enquiries from beneficiaries, co-Trustees and third parties are dealt with promptly and effectively
• To develop relationships with beneficiaries and co-trustees, attending meetings as required
• To manage the production and audit of annual Trust Accounts and to undertake personally the preparation of more complex Trust and Executry Accounts as appropriate
• As required on an ad-hoc basis to undertake background research and to prepare reports on particular cases and issues, bringing forward recommendations for discussion with the Senior Manager
• To maintain up to date knowledge of legal and taxation issues affecting Trusts and Estates and to provide guidance on tax efficient methods of dealing with Trusts and Executries
• To provide Management Information as required
• SOLAS or STEP qualified with a minimum of five years specialist Trustee experience
• Ability to manage, supervise and coach staff in all aspects of Trust and Executry duties and personal development.
• Sound knowledge of Trust and Executry law and relevant tax legislation and of regulatory requirements impacting on Trustee Services activities
• Ability to prioritise and organise both own caseload and that of the team
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues clients and contacts, both internally and externally, at all levels
• Good teamwork and motivational skills
• Awareness and general understanding of financial markets and ability to identify implications for the business
| Copyright © 2019