Glentrool & Bargrennan Community Trust has been established to manage the community building and village green for the benefit of the community; to provide recreational facilities and enhance the natural environment.
The aims of the trust are:
- The advancement of citizenship or community development.
- The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended.
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement.
The treasurer is a crucial member of the Board.
The Treasurer looks after the Organisation's accounts and has an overview of all financial dealings, reporting to the Board, and working closely with other Board members such as the Chairperson and the Secretary. Glentrool & Bargrennan Community Trust could not function without handling money, so it goes without saying that this is a crucial role.
What you will do:
- Liaise with relevant Board and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the Organisation
- Make fellow Board Members aware of their financial obligations, the financial position of the Organisation and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them at Board and relevant Sub Group meetings
- Plan and monitor a budget for the Organisation each year, proposing its adoption at the first meeting of the new financial year
- Prepare and present the accounts for the year-end financial report
- Liaise with the auditor, external examiner and bankers
- Prepare and submit any statutory documents including VAT, tax, grant aid reports etc.)
- Appraise the financial viability of funding applications, plans and proposals
- Have lead responsibility for the implementation of the Association’s Finance Policy including ensuring record keeping and financial systems are adhered to
- Undertake finance duties (or oversee a staff member or volunteer), ensuring:
-posting, book-keeping and petty cash systems are kept up to date
-bank reconciliations are regularly undertaken
-payments to creditors are made (including staff / volunteer expenses)
-payments from debtors and bank payments are collected promptly
Should you have any questions or wish to apply for this position, please contact Christine Clarke on firstname.lastname@example.org