iMultiply are delighted to be supporting Oil States Industries again on a new and exciting role for the business. Based in Bathgate, this would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step up to a leadership position within a manufacturing environment.
Oil States Industries, a subsidiary of Oil States International (NYSE: OIS), is a global company with manufacturing, service and sales locations in twelve countries. With more than 25 locations around the world, including manufacturing and service hubs in each of the major offshore basins, we have the infrastructure to support you wherever you operate. Our global footprint ensures that we will be there, when you need us, with the solution to your most complex challenges. Our integrated solutions include not only hardware but exceptional service you can depend on.
Since our inception in 1942 as a regional U.S. manufacturer of elastomer products for the domestic industrial and oilfield markets, Oil States Industries, Inc. has forged a path of innovation and success through our dedication to solving critical challenges for our customers. From the first flexible load bearings for bridges, to the earliest laminated load-bearing products used in buildings, Oil States designed and manufactured a broad range of pioneering elastomer products.
Since those earlier days of our history, we have continued to expand our product lines to meet unique challenges and solve our customers’ most complex problems. From the first elastomer products to complete systems, Oil States has developed a reputation for high quality and reliable products and services. We have built on that foundation of over 70 years of leading-edge technologies to become a major global provider of innovative energy systems and solutions. We will continue to partner with our customers to solve critical problems in the offshore and onshore environments. Together we can meet the challenges of the future.
In 2014, Oil States relocated their manufacturing team to a newly constructed 240,000 square foot facility in Heartlands, which sits on 27 acres of land next to the M8 motorway which runs between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Oil States expects that the move to the £40m facility will reduce costs and improve project execution efficiencies.
Background to the Current Opportunity
Due to the significant consolidation of manufacturing operations from their sites in Aberdeen, Bathgate and Barrow, the site in Heartlands will be a large and important part of the UK operation going forward. With the current UK Financial Controller having been heavily involved in company-wide changes and improvements over the past 4 years, the business is now looking to find a strong and credible Senior Financial Accountant to focus on site reporting with a view to progressing to providing leadership to the finance team and continue to focus on developing UK systems, processes and reporting.
Critical to the success and development of the of the role will be a candidate who possesses a strong and proactive approach to motivating, upskilling and developing finance teams. Oil States have come a long way in the past 4 years and the focus on continuous improvement will be high on the agenda as well as ensuring that the quality of detailed and accurate financial and management information for the appropriate senior stakeholders is kept to a high standard.
Key to success
The Senior Financial Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent technical, interpersonal and team working skills. This individual may come from a professional or industry background however must have gained the appropriate technical exposure required to perform in the role.
This is an integral role in the business and will be highly visible which requires an individual of the highest calibre. Someone who is organised, has excellent attention to detail, a strong technical background and driven would thrive in this position and business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Advanced user of Excel.
- Excellent technical awareness of Tax, IFRS, US GAAP, SOX.
- Strong ERP systems experience.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise business deliverables based upon a balance of impact and urgency.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of a business with excellent attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making a hands-on approach.
- Previous experience in leading or managing an accounting team.
- Driven to optimise processes and deliver financial insight in exchange for increased financial returns to the business.
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach with an ability to work at pace within a high-pressured environment.
- A strong knowledge and awareness of best practice and a focus upon achieving best in class results.
- Knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting and or POC revenue recognition.
Above all, this person must have an active drive and focus on improving the capabilities of the accounting function and the wider support that it brings to the business as a whole.
The challenge of the Senior Financial Accountant role will be to produce high quality financial reporting whilst working at pace in an environment that is constantly evolving to meet the demands of its customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to cope with uncertainty, have a problem-solving approach, and add credibility through clear communication to the finance team, leadership team and board.
Reporting directly to the UK Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supervision and delivery of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules and insight to group within timescales.
- Overview and lead the production of all business reconciliations and ensure they are operating effectively to meeting internal and external control requirements.
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to the Accounts team as required in performance of department deliverables while acting as designate to FC.
- Ensure all documentation in relation to SOX controls are attained on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Translate SOX controls in effect, or in anticipation of change, into real life business processes and the associated impact to department load and efficiency. Develop general and specific controls frameworks within department and business.
- Apply strict adherence to group reporting standards, policies and requirements, for example accurate review and documentation of ASC 606.
- Oversight and review of variance analysis schedules ensuring that commentaries are suitable to enable group analysis of company financial performance.
- Enable the application of key process monitoring.
- Monthly/ Quarterly oversight of corporate corporation tax provisions.
- Enable or undertake interaction and communication with business managers where deemed most effective to delivering financial results and information.
- Oversee the generation of weekly cashflow for submission to Corporate treasury.
- Provide input to monthly forecasting and annual AOP processes.
- Oversight and production of OSI UK statutory accounts in the most efficient manner possible.
- Tax; HMRC filing – Corporate tax, VAT, ERS, P11D.
- Take part in and lead reviews of foreign tax including the measurement of how to most effectively meet collective deadlines of the business reporting.
- Quarterly tax reporting requirements.
- Audit/ tax/ governmental bodies/ bankers.
- Quarterly oversight of VAT return review and filing.
Package on offer
||10% Bonus, 5% employer pension
||32 days inclusive of public holidays
All applications should be sent to our retained advisor Daryl Harper, iMultiply, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note any direct or third-party applications will be sent to iMultiply for review and assessment.