Since its foundation in 2003 Innis & Gunn has grown to become one of the UK’s most successful international craft beer businesses. In 2017 Innis & Gunn sold 2.5M cases of beer in over 40 countries, continuing our 14th year of successive double-digit growth. Our lager is the no 1 craft lager in Scotland, we are the number 2 craft brewer in the UK Off trade and number 1 imported craft beer in Canada. In 2016 we acquired our new brewery in Perth which is our home for innovation and barrel-ageing. The first Innis & Gunn Beer Kitchen opened in Edinburgh in summer 2015, winning the UK Casual Dining Concept Award in 2016. With a focus on craft beer and food pairings the Beer Kitchens have expanded to Dundee and Glasgow’s Ashton Lane, the largest unit opened to date. Winning a multitude of awards, Innis & Gunn beers are renowned for quality at home and internationally.
In November 2018 we announced that because of the very rapid growth of Innis & Gunn craft lager, in the UK and overseas, we are planning to build a new brewery in Edinburgh. This new brewery will be the first large brewery to be built in the capital for more than 150 years. It is expected have a capacity of 400,000 hectoliters, a taproom, visitor facilities and events space.
Background to the Current Opportunity
It’s another very exciting time at Innis & Gunn, especially with the news of our building our new brewery. As such, the newly created position of Senior Financial Accountant is a key role in the Finance team. The key requirements of the role will be to be support the Finance Director by being responsible for the delivery of statutory financial information & group statutory consolidations including overseeing the statutory audit and accounts production, working capital and cashflow management and other ad hoc activities to support the team in achieving its growth aspirations.
The successful candidate will also have a clear path to progress their career in the short term to the position of Financial Controller, taking on more responsibility within the team whilst also continuing to support the FD in the strategy elements of their role.
Key to success
This role would suit a qualified chartered accountant who has had some experience within a manufacturing background. As this is an entrepreneurial business, they must be used to an ever changing and developing structure and with that be well versed in consolidations and best practice reporting. Having worked with a company which has had some PE investment would be advantageous but not essential.
This is an integral role in the business and will be highly visible which requires an individual of the highest calibre. Someone who is organised, has excellent attention to detail, a strong technical background and driven would thrive in this position and business.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to join a dynamic, high energy and growing company at the start of its most exciting development to date.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant CA/ACCA
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar role, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced user of Excel
- Experience with SAP or MRP/ERP systems
- Previous experience of managing an accounting team
- Enthusiastic and self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving skills & demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making a hands-on approach
- Strong communicator at all levels with the ability to work well as part of a team but also on their own
Above all, this person must be an active participant in the business and proactive in their approach to initiatives or tasks that may not necessarily be written in a job description along with being a company ambassador for the Innis & Gunn brand.
The challenge of the Senior Financial Accountant role will be to produce high quality financial reporting whilst working at pace in an environment that is constantly evolving to meet the demands of its rapid growth.
The successful candidate will need to be able to cope with uncertainty and add credibility through clear communication to Board and leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Production & owner of monthly management accounts at company and consolidated level
- Oversee the statutory audit and accounts production
- Oversee & owner of budget and forecasting processes including 3 Year Plan & modelling
- Development of the Assistant Accountant and AP Clerk
- KPI reporting
- Key financial indicators for business
- Departmental level
- Cash management & treasury overview
- Ensuring working capital requirements met and assistance with funding gap requirements
- SE liaison for projects and managing projects to completion for grant claims
- Maintenance of financial ledgers & accounting processes – ensuring that appropriate systems and controls are implemented and maintained including SAP super user and administrator
- Overseeing Payroll process including P11ds and pension administrator
Package on offer
||Competitive Salary DOE
Bonus Scheme up to 5% based on personal objectives and additional discretionary bonus based on company budget attainment.
5% employer pension contribution.
Life insurance 4 x salary
A case of beer a month!
Perkbox benefits – childcare vouchers, discounts etc
||35 days inclusive of public holidays
All applications should be sent to Daryl Harper, iMultiply, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note any direct or third-party introductions will be sent to iMultiply for review and assessment