iMultiply are exclusively retained to appoint a permanent Senior Finance Officer on behalf of The Independent Living Fund Scotland,
Independent Living Fund Scotland is a non-departmental public body within the Scottish Government. ILF Scotland operates as a discretionary fund providing financial awards to over 3,500 disabled people in Scotland and Northern Ireland to help them live independently.The fund enables individuals to pay for care so that they can be supported in their homes and within their local communities. ILF Scotland’s principle aim is to ensure their recipients have choice and control over how and when they are supported in all aspects of their daily lives, as well as facilitating real participation and inclusion for individuals within their local communities.
Their vision is for independent living to be a reality for all disabled people living in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Their mission is to enable disabled people to achieve their independent living outcomes by the dignified assessment of needs and the distribution of discretionary awards.
In order for ILF Scotland to sustain its vision, mission and organisational aims, The staff are committed to providing an excellent service to the recipients, working within specific guidelines but alsow as flexibly as possible to ensure choice, control and independent living for ILF Scotland recipients.
The position of Senior Finance Officer will report to the Head of Finance and be be required to assist with management & financial accounts whilst maintaining the transactional processing for the entire business including developing processes, procedures and controls. The line manager should also be considered be a major attraction for this role due to their experience and calibre, plus they will provide a very autonomous culture, but also be willing to support, develop and mentor. Furthermore, it’s the type of environment that if the jobholder has the capability and capacity, they would constantly evolve the role to ensure the individual reaches their full potential.
The Role will appeal to a self-starter who is seeking a challenging and rewarding career in Finance. The nature of the work is such that a key requirement of the role is a flexible and adaptable approach to managing tasks and programmes of work with an ability to adapt quickly to change, in partnership with colleagues across ILF Scotland
Salary, Benefits & Location
- £29,758 - £34,087 base salary
- Civil service pension scheme.
- 36.5 days annual leave
- Flexible working including the ability to work from home on occasion.
- Based in Livingston, West Lothian
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Finance Director with the preparation of the Management Accounts, Budgets, and Statutory Financial Statements;
- Providing reports and analysis of costs to departments within the organisation and assisting with the formulation and update of Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Maintenance of the organisations Fixed Asset Register
- Complete monthly and annual reconciliations for: Statement of Income and Expenditure, Cash Flow Statement, Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Changes in Equity Responsibility
- Preparing accurate schedules and reconciliations for: Accruals and Prepayments, Deferred Income, Other Creditors, Other Debtors
- Support in the implementation and review of robust internal financial controls.
- Ensure ILF Scotland works at all times within expected best practice financial policies and procedures, and within all financial statutory requirements and guidelines.
- Responsible for the review, authorise and make regular weekly award payments which are of critical importance to our service users.
- Support and lead in all aspects of payroll, in conjunction with our outsourced payroll provider.
- Support the Head of Finance in implementing any audit recommendations from both Internal and External Audit.
- Responsible for managing the development of good management information to support decision making and forecasting.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a Finance or Accountancy field
- Considerable (at least 5 years relevant) proven experience in Finance.
- Advanced Excel and database skills
- Excellent knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Significant experience of using BACS payment software
- Ability to work to set deadlines and work largely unsupervised prioritising tasks in a logical manner
- Experience of providing technical/specialist advice to senior managers
- Analytical and an expert problem-solver
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com regarding this exceptional opportunity.
A full job specification is available for suitable applicants upon request.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.