Edinburgh: 0131 603 7747
Glasgow: 0141 648 9150
Belfast: 028 9244 9980
A well-known, national accountancy practice currently requires an experienced Personal Tax Senior to join its Glasgow based team
The practice is one of the UK's largest firms with offices in multiple locations. It offers Tax, Audit, Assurance and a range of advisory services to an entrepreneurial client base.
The position of Personal Tax Senior will give you the opportunity to get involved in preparing and reviewing complex Personal Tax returns for a diverse client portfolio, liaising with clients and other departments, supervising junior members of staff and ensuring deadlines are met. The role will also allow for increased involvement in planning and advisory work.
A competitive remuneration package and opportunities for future career progression.
Main duties include the following:
• Responsible for all day to day personal tax compliance affairs for a portfolio of clients.
• Preparation of personal tax computations and returns.
• Maintain close working relationships with other departments in the department and firm.
• Liaise with HMRC as appropriate.
• Identify risk and technical matters to senior staff.
• Pro-actively ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with senior staff on client billing.
• Report to managers and partners.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
• UK income tax background and experience is essential.
• Experience of preparing personal tax computations and returns and direct client contact.
• Experience of CCH personal tax software would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and must be able to work as part of a team, under pressure, to deadlines and to a high standard.
• ATT qualified or equivalent experience.
| Copyright © 2019
Hopetoun Gate, 8b McDonald Road, Leith, United Kingdom, Midlothian, Edinburgh, EH7 4LZ
Registered in Scotland