iMultiply are delighted to be engaged on a Payroll Specialist position based in Edinburgh.
This organisation is well known across Scotland and are a prestigious and well respected in their field. They are currently on the verge of a period of exciting changes and are looking to strengthen their finance team. Due to the scope and scale of this finance team, this organisation offers an ample amount of diversity in each role which their employees are great advocates of.
The Payroll Officer is responsible for managing the payroll system for the organisation which encompasses a complex payroll consisting of monthly and weekly payroll. The payroll environment is fast-changing and processes and solutions are becoming increasingly technology based. The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication, organisational and IT skills and be able to demonstrate initiative and a can-do approach to tasks. To be successful if this position, you must thrive on challenges and enjoy working in a busy, dynamic environment. This position is a permanent, full-time role.
The position of Payroll Officer is based in Edinburgh offering a competitive salary of £22,000 - £24,000 including an unrivalled benefits package. The premises are based just outside the city centre of Edinburgh and are easily accessible via public transport and on-street parking is available nearby.
You will be involved but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Payroll Manager
- Overseeing the processing of payroll
- Collating, analysis and validating of all payroll data
- Assisting with the preparation of payroll reconciliations
- Presentation of payroll reporting to senior management
- Ensuring adherence to internal process & procedures
- Ensuring compliance with external regulators - HMRC
- Supporting the development and enhancement of existing payroll systems
- Liaising and interacting with external stakeholders - pension providers
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a payroll environment.
- Previous experience working within a public sector body or large scale not for profit organisation.
- Previous experience of working with databases.
- Experience of administering pensions and payroll is essential.
- Experience of administering an auto-enrolment pensions scheme is essential.
- IT literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity then please do not hesitate to contact Lewis Cavanagh on 0131 603 7747 or email email@example.com.