iMultiply are delighted to be retained to support Care & Repair Edinburgh with the appointment of a permanent part-time Finance Manager.
Care & Repair Edinburgh offer a range of practical services to help people repair, improve or adapt their homes so that they may remain in their own homes in comfort and independence for as long as possible. The charity has over 30 years of experience in helping clients and have knowledgeable and skilled staff, volunteers and trades contractors on our Trades list who will assist with practical issues.
Care and Repair Scotland is the national co-ordinating body whose overarching aim is to ensure that the Care and Repair movement is sustainable for the future and able to develop its role helping older and disabled homeowners. Care and Repair Edinburgh is a Scottish charity, a company limited by guarantee, and governed by a board of Directors who give their time voluntarily.
The role primarily involves being responsible for management of staff, finance and resources within the organisation.
The role will typically be involved in financial management and budget planning in order to ensure the business is run cost-effectively and efficiently. The role of the Finance Manager is to know how much has already been spent, how much will be spent, and how to spend the remaining budget so as to acquire necessary resources within budget limits.
The role will also be responsible for all of the operational aspects of the business, including acquisition of new accounts, maintaining standards of service with existing clients and production of business plans to drive the Company forward as an exemplary employer.
The position of Finance Manager will offer a competitive salary and benefits including generous holiday and pension allowances. The role is part-time, three days a week with complete flexibility on the working pattern i.e. three full days or four/fiver shorter days. The offices premises are based at Haymarket in Edinburgh and easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- To ensure less reliance on CEC funding by working with other Senior Management Team members and their teams to increase income from other sources and expand the charity’s income base.
- Responsible for preparing the annual budget.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining of financial accounting records by recording all income and expenditure transactions in the finance system with appropriate budget codes.
- Ensuring efficient processing of payments via direct banking, direct debits, credit cards, PayPal and cheques.
- Responsible for preparing information for the companies’ payroll provider ensuring salaries and expenses are paid accurately and timeously.
- Liaising with auditors in the preparation of end-of-year Directors’ Report and accounts.
- Responsible for accurately recording sick leave, reporting to SCVO Payroll and preparing absence reports to Chief Exec and Board.
- Preparing quality monthly management accounts for Chief Executive including variance analysis and year-end projections.
- Preparation of reports for Board meetings, including Finance Report, Dashboard (containing key MI) and one page summary reports for each core service area.
- Provide ad hoc financial reports and analysis for business planning, grant applications, etc.
- Responsibility for co-ordinating annual returns to Companies House and OSCR. Maintaining the accuracy of Charity records with Companies House.
- Maintaining asset register and posting quarterly depreciation journals, ensuring accurate details are kept.
- Completing and submitting quarterly VAT and annual Gift Aid returns.
- Providing the admin team with reports covering Credit Control, follow on jobs, job completions and outstanding jobs/invoices. Ensuring outstanding payments are followed up and bad debts minimised.
- With the assistance of the Business Support Officer, leading the investigation and implementation (including on-the-job training and development) of a CRM system and cloud based solutions that are cost-effective, meet business needs and are fit for purpose. Costed solutions should be presented to the Chief Executive to enable them to make an informed decision.
- Developing and maintaining financial reporting systems (including the financial aspects of ACT) ensuring they provide accurate and appropriate data.
- Taking the lead on IT issues, including security and protection e.g. consideration of layered protection options (web protection, software restriction, password controls and 2FA). This will include providing IT advice to staff and liaising with C&RE’s service provider to ensure systems are effective.
- Managing office utilities including rent, rates, insurance, phones, IT maintenance etc.
- Working with the Technical Manager to ensure the effective management of vehicles including fuel cards, road tax, parking permits, insurance & servicing.
- Assisting the business achieve the overall strategic objectives as set by the Chief Executive.
- Completing special projects (including marketing and stakeholder engagement) through effective use of resources, together with organisation, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate training courses; workshops; benchmarking professional standards; and establishing professional networks.
- Providing progress reports, in line with the requirements of the Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
- To be aware of all relevant Care and Repair Edinburgh policies, and keeping up to date with relevant legislation.
- Maintaining open communication, using excellent interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A minimum of 5 years practical finance experience
- A proven track record of being hands on within a small finance function including liaising and influencing senior internal & external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Sage would be advantageous but not essential
- Proficient user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Partner, John Gilbertson at iMultiply for a private and confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity - 01316037747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.