For 50 years, Cyrenians (a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), registered charity number SC011052) has served those on the edge; working with the homeless and vulnerable to transform their lives.
Our Vision is an inclusive society in which we all have the opportunities to live valued and fulfilled lives. We work to make that vision a reality though our Mission to support people excluded from family, home, work or community on their life journey.
We aim to offer consistently excellent service across all locations and in all our activities. Our way of working is built on our four core values:
Compassion: We believe that everyone should have the chance to change, no matter how long that might take.
Respect: We believe in tolerance, acceptance, valuing diversity and treating each other as equals.
Integrity: We are committed to the highest quality of work, grounded in honesty, generosity, sincerity and professionalism.
Innovation: We are willing to take risks, challenge convention and be very creative in our search for new ways of working, in particular by taking account of the environmental impact of our decisions.
Cyrenians annual income/spend is over £5million across 40 services, projects and enterprises with approximately 60 major funding streams. Of these, 35 services and projects provide support to over 11,000 people at their time of need, tackling the causes and consequence of homelessness. We also have 3 long-established social enterprises, with 2 further enterprises having been launched in the past 18 months.
To ensure sustainability and success of our enterprises, a new role has been identified to support the development and introduction of a product-cost system of management accounting for aspects of these enterprises which will be led by the Finance Manager and the Director of Finance & Corporate Services.
The Assistant Management Accountant will, with the direction and support of the Finance Manager, ensure that all cost and management accounting reporting and forecasting is carried out to professional standards, and in line with our Annual Plan and our values.
The role will report to the Finance Manager and will work alongside them, providing excellent training and development opportunities for the successful candidate.
With an operational responsibility for effective reporting on income & expenditure forecasting and cashflow management across our services and enterprises, the role will also maintain a product-cost system of management accounting for relevant aspects of these enterprises, and will be involved in the set-up of this system alongside the Director of Finance & Corporate Services and the Finance Manager
The post holder will line-manage the finance team, currently 2 people, who post all transactions to TAS, generate invoices, chase debtors, pay suppliers and support the Finance Manager in the preparation of management reports.
Working within the Finance Department’s annual plan, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain and update income analysis reports, reconciling to our project management accounts
- Update cashflow, including input of actuals and reviewing/amending forecasts
- Prepare and submit financial progress reports to our various funders, and to their specific requirements
- Review income & expenditure forecasts with service managers, challenging variances and updating financial records accordingly
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting schedules for trustee papers, reconciling to management accounts
- Implement and maintain accurate product costing reporting including stock, sales and margin analysis across selected business units within our social enterprises
- Provide financial guidance to enterprise managers on the principles behind, and preparation of, product costing methods of reporting and financial management
- Prepare and submit annual gift aid claims
- Prepare and submit other finance-related forms, claims and returns on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Support the Finance Manager on ad-hoc projects
- Manage and develop the finance team, currently a full time Finance Officer and part time Finance Assistant. Provide line management that adheres to relevant HR policies and procedures. Supported by the Finance Manager, ensure each staff member has an individual work-plan disseminated from the organisation’s annual plan, and receives regular 1:1 meetings
- Deliver all core components of this role ensuring effective financial control and management with evidence of accuracy, reliability, attention to detail, ability to prioritise and in line with Cyrenians policies, procedures and values. Ensure efficiencies and improvements are sought as standard practice
- Part qualified or QBE accountant
- Proven track record in costing, forecasting and variance analysis
- Strong attention to detail and proven abilities in accurate report writing
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong experience in different accounting packages
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, particularly with non-financial stakeholders
For more information please contract Daryl Harper on 07809 737 580.