iMultiply is delighted to be retained by Oil States Industries in West Lothian to recruit a Management Accountant.
Oil States Industries, a subsidiary of Oil States International (NYSE: OIS), is a global company with manufacturing, service and sales locations in twelve countries. With more than 25 locations around the world, including manufacturing and service hubs in each of the major offshore basins, we have the infrastructure to support you wherever you operate. Our global footprint ensures that we will be there, when you need us, with the solution to your most complex challenges. Our integrated solutions include not only hardware but exceptional service you can depend on.
Since our inception in 1942 as a regional U.S. manufacturer of elastomer products for the domestic industrial and oilfield markets, Oil States Industries, Inc. has forged a path of innovation and success through our dedication to solving critical challenges for our customers. From the first flexible load bearings for bridges, to the earliest laminated load-bearing products used in buildings, Oil States designed and manufactured a broad range of pioneering elastomer products.
Since those earlier days of our history, we have continued to expand our product lines to meet unique challenges and solve our customers’ most complex problems. From the first elastomer products to complete systems, Oil States has developed a reputation for high quality and reliable products and services. We have built on that foundation of over 70 years of leading-edge technologies to become a major global provider of innovative energy systems and solutions. We will continue to partner with our customers to solve critical problems in the offshore and onshore environments. Together we can meet the challenges of the future.
In the past 18 months, Oil States have relocated their manufacturing team to a newly constructed 240,000 square foot facility in Heartlands, which sits on 27 acres of land next to the M8 motorway which runs between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Oil States anticipates that the move to the £40m facility will reduce costs and improve project execution efficiencies.
The company is now looking to recruit a high calibre Management Accountant to be based at the new state of the art Heartlands facility which is situated between Edinburgh and Glasgow on the M8 (between Whitburn and Harthill junctions). The successful candidate will support the UK business with technical accounting, international tax, statutory reporting, US reporting and act as the key point of contact for both SOX and statutory audit processes. The role offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic finance professional to make a difference in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Reporting directly to the UK Financial Controller, this role will facilitate a focus on the business unit’s cost base whilst applying technical acumen to the reported and forecast financial results of the business.
The Management Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent technical, interpersonal and team working skills. This individual may come from a professional or industry background however must have gained the appropriate technical exposure required to perform in the role.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- A qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong technical accounting skills IFRS, UK GAAP, SOX
- Excellent Excel skills and strong IT literacy around financial systems.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels and translate and simplify financial information for key stakeholders.
- Internal audit experience and a strong understanding of process development and controls.
- High attention to detail and an ability to analyse variances to understand root causes
- Knowledge of international tax aspects
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, tenacious and inquisitive – uses initiative to identify opportunities and solve problems.
Reporting directly to the UK Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reconcile and report upon key accounts within the month end process such as fixed assets, intangibles etc as allocated
- Ownerships of cost reporting below gross margin with detailed analysis and reconciliation of accounts to enable accuracy of actual and forecast reporting (cost base)
- Ensure data control and suitability such as sub-ledger completeness.
- Maintain and document a register of the key revenue recognition parameters of client contracts to ensure compliance with company reporting standards.
- Develop and maintain revenue recognition procedures for service based work under IFRS and ASC reporting standards.
- Complete designated month end pack schedules.
- Maintain Capital month reporting against AFE amounts – ensure that AFEs are in place and the collection and monitoring is aligned to company.
- Control and keep registers of leases contracted to the business in line with the changes in lease reporting under IFRS.
- Maintain reconciliation of UK stat accountant to ensure accuracy under UK accounting requirements.
- Liaison for UK statutory audits to ensure timely and efficient dispatch of audit cycle.
- Establish and maintain calendar events and schedule planning to minimise external consultancy costs.
- Keep up to date with current IFRS standards
- ONS/ Intrastat/EC and other statutory filings.
- Fully document core audit processes with direction to strengthen and establish best practice.
- Focal point of internal audit request and routines. Ensure all deadlines are met and all documentation meets suitable standards.
- Maintain tax calculation packages throughout the year to reduce external party costs and advance statutory filing speed.
- Ensure that the monthly/ quarterly tax calculation is maintained to provide an accurate representation of the UK group tax position as possible.
- Direct VAT calculations no limited to C79s filing, returns, handling sales enquiries as to VAT treatments – liaising with advisors where necessary.
- Track and develop foreign tax calculations, calendars, withholdings and their relevant impacts to US and UK reporting.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Circa £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + 10% bonus
Additional Benefits: Employer pension 5%
Annual Leave: 32 days inclusive of public holidays
All applications should be sent to our retained advisor, Daryl Harper, iMultiply, at email@example.com
Please note any direct or third-party applications will be sent to iMultiply for review and assessment.