iMultiply are engaged on an exciting permanent opportunity for a permanent Management Accountant based in Edinburgh paying £32,000 - £40,000 plus a competitive benefits package.
Since their inception, this commercial and forward-thinking business has positively challenged the market & sector with its disruptive proposition. Their unique business model and approach has been extremely well received & backed with considerable growth forecasted over the next five years. This growth will include the ability for the business to diversify, open new entities and increase its already talented workforce offering ample career development opportunities.
The position of Management Accountant is a newly developed role to strength the overall finance function whilst allowing further investment of time into business planning. The role would ideally suit a qualified Accountant however finalists would also be considered and due to the significant growth outlined above, its highly likely this role will transition into a Finance Manager post within the near future.
The role of Management Accountant will offer a salary of £32,000 – £40,000 plus a competitive benefits package. The office premises are based just outside the city centre with parking facilities available onsite or easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Finance Manager with a dotted line to the CFO
- Overseeing the development of an Assistant Accountant actively going through their professional accountancy qualifications
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and year-end audit
- Assisting to set budgets and monitor departmental performances including ability to challenge variances
- Cashflow analysis & forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Overseeing month-end processing
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Assessing and implementing processes, procedures & controls
- Assisting with system developments
- Assisting with monthly payroll & pension contributions
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant is preferred however finalists will also be considered
- Exposure of operating within a highly commercial environment would be extremely advantageous
- Competent management & financial accounts experience
- Ability to engage and interact with senior stakeholders
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion.