An exciting opportunity for a Part Qualified Management Accountant suitable for a budding Part Qualified Accountant has arisen in Edinburgh City Centre.
A highly commercial company based in Edinburgh City Centre are currently seeking a Part Qualified Management Accountant to join their ever-growing team. This position presents the opportunity to join a massively growing business that is operating within an established business sector. The business is already very well established and now requires talented & ambitious individuals to complement its already impressive team.
This newly created role will be reporting directly into the Senior Management Accountant and a dotted line to the Finance Director and is an extremely varied role where the successful candidate will receive unlimited exposure with the ability to progress & develop. To be considered for this role you must be prepared to assist and support the group finance function, in carrying out monthly reconciliations, profit and loss analysis as well as preparation of the Monthly Overheads reports. Assist in month end closing and profit finalisation, production of financial reports and other ad hoc tasks
The position of Part Qualified Management Accountant is offering a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 including study support, generous holiday allowance and excellent benefits package. Their Offices are based in Edinburgh city centre and are easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Responsible for preparing and posting month end journals
- Analysis of the monthly financial performance and reports of individual business units against objectives.
- Prepare, and distribute Monthly Overhead reports to budget holders to support performance management and target achievement.
- Assist in preparing the Group’s annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Assist in the year end audit.
- To ensure the chart of accounts is maintained correctly in all of its dimensions (individual elements all the way through to reporting structures).
- Support the team as required, providing cover for team members in times of absence.
- Have a full understanding of all procedures and systems in place – “roll sleeves up” and help the team when necessary
To be considered for this position you must be the following:
- Actively studying towards CIMA or, ACCA
- Good and practical knowledge of current accounting standards (essential)
- Experience in management accounting role (essential)
- Have previous experience using ERP systems such as AX dynamics, SAP, Oracle or JD Edwards
- PC-literate with a good, working knowledge of Excel.
- Able to work within a small team and as well as on your own in initiative
- Have excellent verbal and written communication
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.