An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a permanent Management Accountant/Finance Analyst based in the Scottish Borders.
This business has positively diversified over the past 6 years which has significantly improved performance, customer experience and the demand & need to increase headcount. The company are very financially stable which creates an excellent platform for further growth and expansion both locally & internationally.
The position of Management Accountant/Finance Analyst is a permanent position where you will be responsible for delivering valuable insight both internally and externally to influence strategy & the commercial decisions. Due to the strength, depth and experience of the existing finance team, the business has the ability to take on a candidate at various levels and tailor accordingly:
- Part qualified/finalist - Presenting the ability to constantly take on additional responsibilities & increase exposure.
- Newly qualified - Ability to hit the ground running and work towards becoming a Senior Accountant by taking on more high-level work.
The role of Management Accountant/Finance Analyst will offer a salary of £30,000 - £38,000 depending on experience (Part qualified/finalist: 30-32k, newly qualified: 33-38k) and include a competitive benefits package. The role is accessible from the following locations: Melrose, St Boswells, Coldstream, Kelso, Jedburgh, Galashiels, Innerleithen, Hawick, Selkirk, Midlothian.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to Senior Finance Analyst with a dotted line to the Commercial Finance Manager
- Production and presentation of monthly reporting packs both internally & externally
- Attending and contributing to internal & external business reviews
- Finance business partnering with non-financial stakeholders
- Commercial/financial analysis which assists with strategic decision making including product analysis, pricing, margins etc.
- P&L review & analysis
- Short, medium and long-term forecasting
- Interrogating and manipulating high volumes of complex data
- Overseeing month-end
- Assisting with budgeting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Part qualified, finalist or newly qualified Accountant
- Ability to produce and present monthly reporting packs
- Proven finance business partnering skills
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Ability to engages with senior internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Lewis Cavanagh on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.