iMultiply are delighted to be retained with IMV Imaging, the market leader in veterinary imaging solutions, who currently have a vacancy for a Part-Qualified Accountant.
IMV Imaging is a vibrant, growing business with offices in Scotland, Ireland, France, USA and India, with distributor sales in 30 additional countries.
IMV are the market leader in veterinary imaging solutions, with well-established clinical learning, field sales and service teams who are experts in Ultrasound, Radiography, CT & MRI, as well as designing and manufacturing our core ultrasound portfolio for the farm veterinarian.
IMV have a true dedication to their staff, recognised with Investors in People status. Over the years, the business has maintained a low staff turnover, in part down to the culture within the team and the dedication to ensuring a happy and collaborative workplace. With over 500 staff, they are committed to our core values; Partnership, Innovation and Learning.
Working within a team of 5 in a finance department of a UK based manufacturing business with foreign subsidiaries. The finance department based in Bellshill is responsible for the finance of UK, Ireland and South African companies. This will be a challenging role and the supportive environment created by the management team will ensure that you develop new skills, while improving existing ones. You will have a fantastic opportunity to work towards your professional qualification and they see this role as a key part of the company’s long-term succession planning.
The role involves working across the different companies in multiple currencies. The main aspects of the role would cover:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for each entity
- Monthly flash figure reporting to parent and board
- Monthly reporting to parent company through the Opera reporting system
- Carry out month end routine including control account reconciliations and monthly journals
- Assisting with the year end audit of the group companies. Liaising with external advisors.
- Prepare VAT returns and other tax declaration such as Intrastat and EC sales list
- Provide analysis and commentary on variances within the profit and loss of key areas
- Assisting with the development and improvement of the internal processes in the department and the wider business.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow for discussion with Finance Manager and directors.
- Performance of ad-hoc duties as required by Finance Manager.
Competencies/ key characteristics required:
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills in pivot tables
- A team player with an ability to use their own initiative.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible attitude to daily tasks
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Previous experience in a multi-national business is desirable but experience in practice would also be considered.
- Previous experience of an ERP accounting package is essential. Knowledge of SAP B1 is desirable but not essential.
- Part-qualified ACCA or similar
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000, depending on experience
- Company Profit Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site parking
If you would like to confidentially discuss this opportunity, get in touch with Michael Young at the iMultiply office in Glasgow, or alternatively you can apply via the link.