iMultiply are exclusively partnering with a global industry business to recruit the permanent position of International Financial Accountant.
This innovative technology business has grown significantly over the past 10 years due to geographic expansion, mergers and acquisitions. Its office in Edinburgh is a key hub to supporting global operations where you will be given the opportunity to support various European entities including Germany, France, Holland and Belgium. Its lean and highly performing finance function has an outstanding reputation right through the business and is renowned for internal promotions with many of the senior management team both locally & internationally coming from newly qualified Accountants positions in Edinburgh.
The position of International Financial Accountant role will report to the European Finance Director and be responsible for a European portfolio of entities. The role will be quite financial accounting focused however it will also be responsible for a number of high value projects, entity analysis and mergers/acquisitions. To be considered you must be a qualified Accountant and would be ideal for someone looking to take their first step into industry from Practice or someone wanting to secure a more senior/varied industry position.
The position of International Financial Accountant will offer a salary of £39,000 - £41,000 plus a competitive benefits package including:
- Upto 8% pension
- Flexible working
- Private medical healthcare
- Share options
The role is based in Edinburgh and easily accessible via public transport (bus & train), plus it has parking facilitates available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the European Finance Director and working alongside the Senior Financial Accountant
- Managing a European portfolio of entities
- Assisting with high value & business critical projects
- Assisting with mergers & acquisitions
- Preparation of statutory accounts & returns
- Preparation of statutory audit including liaising with external Auditors
- Filing of tax returns
- KPI reporting
- Entity, market and competitor analysis
- Assisting with R&D applications and returns
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Business partnering with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – ESSENTIAL
- Strong statutory accounts experience, preferably with international exposure
- European languages such as German, French or Dutch would be advantageous but not essential
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion.