iMultiply are delighted to be exclusively assisting a highly commercial business in Edinburgh city centre to recruit the position Interim Financial Accountant.
This highly commercial business is going through a sustained period of growth and have many high value & business projects going live over the next 24 months. Furthermore, they have just bolstered their senior management team creating the perfect time and platform for new employees to join as they strive to improve efficiency throughout the finance function to facilitate further expansion.
The role of Interim Financial Accountant will closely with and support the Financial Controller and Finance Director. You will be tasked with developing processes, procedures and controls whilst business partnering with commercial finance & managers on upcoming projects. To be considered for this opportunity you must be a qualified Accountant with at least 3 years+ post qualification experience and able to start within the next 4 weeks. The assignment is likely to last for 3-6 months and the line manager is happy to review applications on a purely interim basis or temporary to permanent capacity.
The position of Interim Financial Accountant will offer a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 or £200 - £250 per day depending on experience. The office premises are based in Edinburgh city centre and easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Line managing a part qualified and transactional member of staff
- Preparation of statutory accounts & monthly reporting including consolidations
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Overseeing month and year end including intercompany, fixed assets, accruals/prepayments/journals, banking and the accounts payable function
- Business partnering with commercial finance and managers including budgeting, forecasting & cashflow projections
- VAT returns
- Foreign currency exchange management
- Periodic and adhoc analysis
- Liaising with external parties such as auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years+ post qualification experience
- Strong financial accounting experience with IFRS and UK GAAP being highly advantageous
- ERP system exposure would be advantageous but not essential
- Proficient user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Lucy Edgar on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion.