iMultiply have been retained by an own managed business in the central belt of Scotland to recruit their Group Finance Director.
This owner managed businesses turnover should exceed 50m within the next 2 years as a result of pending acquisitions and natural growth. They operate within a competitive sector however they are a well-known name and have a strong track record resulting in them partnering with a number of global household brands.
The role of Group Finance Director will assist with the Board with strategy, vision and business planning to build a 1st class finance function that is capable of facilitating further growth & market expansion. The successful applicant will manage the finance function through a competent Financial Controller, providing ample freedom to be more commercially and strategically focused.
The position of Group Finance Director will offer a salary of upto £70,000 plus car/car allowance, bonus, fuel card, pension, private medical healthcare and there is the potential of options within the business in the near future. The offices are located in the central belt of Scotland between Edinburgh & Glasgow making it easily accessible with a car from both cities or the surrounding areas.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Managing Directors and Board
- Providing guidance and direction to the Board on financial/business planning, financial governance and operational effectiveness
- Partnering with internal and external corporate finance consultants to assist with acquisitions and due diligence
- Managing the finance function through the Financial Controller (purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and payroll)
- Presentation of monthly reporting packs
- New and existing contractual & customer analysis
- Overseeing production of management accounts
- Overseeing preparation of statutory accounts and returns
- Liaising with external audits
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Cashflow analysis and short, medium & long term forecasting
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Ensuring a tight control environment and adherence with external compliance requirements
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of one of the following sectors: Construction, Distribution, Haulage, Logistic (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to engage, interact and influence at Board level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This is a highly confidential brief however please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for an informal discussion.