A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a global not for profit organisation for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
With the acquisition of a new Finance Director, this global not for profit organisation is currently going through a period of truly exciting expansion. The work and aid that this charity improves the lives of thousands of people worldwide every day – and the ethos throughout the organisation is one that truly cares about the delivery and quality of their services. Personal development is an integral part of the continued progression of the organisation, offering each employee an annual allowance that is dedicated to this. The Edinburgh office acts as the European headquarters, which liaises closely with the head offices in the US.
The finance team in the European headquarters consists of various teams which will require the successful post holder to build strong relationships to be in prime position to provide essential analysis and areas of improvement for finance, systems, procedures and processes. You will also be required to liaise with the US finance team, and be a key link between the two functions.
The position of Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is a newly created role and will offer a salary of £35,000 - £38,000 plus an excellent benefits package which will include pension, generous holiday allowance and a personal development fund. Their offices are based in the centre of Edinburgh with parking available on site and various public transport routes.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Leading the financial planning and analysis of the organisation in line with the strategic vision set by senior management. Translate strategic vision into actionable work plans.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation with various teams in both the European headquarters and the US head office
- Finance business partnering with heads of department to provide recommendations on procedures, policies, processes and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function
- Improving and managing the budget and planning development processes
- Implementing forecasting models and review performance against actuals and budgets
- Liaising with and presenting analysis and reports to Director-level colleagues
- Working with suppliers and external stakeholders dealing with long-term, high-value contracts.
- Taking on special projects and ad hoc analysis when required.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant - ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW/CIMA. Part Qualified finalists will also be considered.
- Have 3 – 5 years’ experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Previous experience working with a multi-national organisation or business, ideally with a presence in the US
- Possess Excel skills to advanced level
- Have exceptional interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to work effectively with non-financial and financial stakeholders
- Can influence and negotiate effectively
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please feel free to get in touch with Lewis Cavanagh on 0131 603 7747 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org