iMultiply are delighted to be engaged on the opportunity of Financial Controller for a thriving SME based in Edinburgh.
This multi-divisional business is extremely well established and have significantly diversified both their service offering & product range to become a true market leader. The company has very ambitious growth and expansion plans which will be achieved through further acquisitions to bolster the strength of their existing divisions whilst breaking into new markets & sectors. Furthermore, their intentions were made clear to the market over 2 years ago when they hired an exceptional Finance Director with an extremely impressive track record in business growth and corporate finance.
The position of Financial Controller is a newly developed role to support the Finance Director with a number of high value and business critical projects including acquisitions, FP&A and financial governance. You will also be responsible for managing the finance team to ensure the finance function is fit for purpose and able to facilitate further growth & expansion.
The role of Financial Controller will offer a salary of £50,000 plus a competitive benefits package. As the company continues to grow, the role will evolve considerably offering more exposure, responsiblity and ample opportunity for salary & career advancement.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Finance Director
- Managing a finance team including qualified, part qualified and transactional staff
- Assisting with high value & business critical projects including acquisitions, investment appraisals and business planning
- Production and presentation of weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting packs
- Ability to understand and challenge variances
- Budgeting and forecasting
- New and existing contract analysis
- Competitor and market analysis
- Assisting with statutory accounts & returns
- Audit preparation including liaising with external Auditors
- VAT returns
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Building relationships with senior internal & external stakeholders
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Commercially and analytically minded
- Strong technical accounting experience including statutory accounts & audit preparation
- Supervisory or people management exposure
- Ability to influence senior internal & external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion. A full job specification is available for suitable applicants.