A great opportunity for a qualified accountant with a strong Financial Control background and a high degree of commercial acumen.
12 month FTC in the Inverness area.
A prestigious and brand lead company with a highly collaborative and values driven culture and leadership style
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Finance team to meet the objectives set in the finance plan. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Manager, you will maintain and develop a control and reporting environment. This is a varied role where the post will involve team management/development, business partnering, strategic input, projects and governance and control.
Governance & Control
• Develop a framework of controls around financial transactions and reporting
• Evidence completion of these controls through the documentation of reconciliations and approvals
• Manage transactional finance team, review and approve transactions in line with delegation of authority
• Develop routine reports for management of AR, AP, Stock, Fixed Assets, Payroll
• Develop treasury management and cash forecasting processes fit for the business
• Develop procedures and policies within Finance including Accounting Manual, Expense Policy and others
• Ensure compliance with taxation and other regulatory requirements
• Manage the statutory accounting and audit process
• Review Company and BU level KPIs by WD10 prepared by the Financial Reporting Manager
• Support the Financial Reporting Manager in developing reports for business users
• Provision of financial support to project teams as and when required (e.g. Brands, Operations, Capital projects, System review/innovation etc).
• Training of non-financial managers, supervisors and team leaders.
• Support the Head of Finance in providing strategic finance input to the Executive
• Lead preparation of the annual and five year budget process
• As a key finance user, support the development of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation
• Establish personal objectives for the Finance team
• Conduct routine weekly meetings
• Act as a role model of company values in terms of behaviours and company culture.
• Ensure the team has sufficient resource, skills and experience to meet Finance objectives
• Allocate responsibility for tasks to avoid segregation of duty issues and over reliance on single individuals for critical tasks
• Select and recruit new team members, carry out inductions, performance manage and appraise in line with company processes
• Coach and develop finance team to develop capability and build internal talent pipeline.
• Provide regular constructive feedback, support and coaching as required.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
• Excellent data analytical skills and judgement with the ability to lead and manage in a complex environment
• Organisational skills including the ability to manage a diverse and busy workload, to plan effectively and work consistently to deadlines
• Attention to detail but the ability to see the bigger picture
• A proactive attitude aimed at delivering business objectives
• Personal qualities of integrity, honesty and trustworthiness
• A creative thinker with the confidence to take forward new ideas and concepts systematically
• Ability to work well as part of the management team providing support and motivation to the team
• Ability to establish credibility and confidence to present to non finance