iMultiply are delighted to be working on permanent Finance Officer role based in Edinburgh
This opportunity will give you the chance to join a well-known organisation with a fantastic people orientated culture as they believe through empowering their staff, they will produce the most effect results.
The position of Finance Officer will present the opportunity to complete a busy and varied role including purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank reconciliations and month end duties. You will also be given the chance to progress and develop your knowledge through additional study or professional qualifications.
A competitive salary of £22,000 – £24,000 is on offer including an unrivalled holiday allowance & pension contribution.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
· Reviewing all accounting transactions and financial information, monitor deadlines and work with key contacts to improve processes.
- Take an active role in managing the month end close process
- Prepare and process all relevant prepayment and accrual data including journal postings.
· Assist with the preparation of month end accounts, including the provision of the relevant month end reports to the Finance Business Partners and any ad-hoc analysis as required.
· Assist the Finance Business Partners in pulling together any relevant supplementary data to assist in the delivery of regular forecasts
· Be responsible for the production of all monthly and quarterly returns
- Collate, analyse and present appropriate financial data for information and decision-making purposes as required
- Quarterly VAT return
· Assist the Finance Business Partners in the annual budget process including the collation, review and analysis of data at an individual cost centres
· Carry out continuous reviews of systems and ways of working to ensure the Financial Analysis and Business Support team operate efficiently and deliver best practice.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following attributes:
- Have or be willing to work towards a formal accountancy qualification AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong working knowledge of double entry bookkeeping – Essential
- Previous experience of improving systems and process to make service delivery more efficient
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Previous experience and knowledge of complex account reconciliations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently
If you would like to discuss this excellent opportunity, then please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.