iMultiply are supporting a fantastic Not-For-Profit organisation based just outside Edinburgh city centre to recruit their permanent position of Assistant Accountant.
This well-known organisation is a small but vital charity supporting the central belt of Scotland. They are supported by various different sources of income including councils, government grants, public donations and they generate a significant amount of their own revenue making them almost self-sustaining. The paramount factor of recruitment is maintaining their exceptional culture and environment by ensuring each hire breaths the core values of the organisation.
The position of Assistant Accountant reports directly to the Head of Finance and must be capable of deputising with routine finance queries in their absence. The Head of Finance has a proven track record of developing finance staff and is the ideal steward to progress an individual’s career & increase their exposure. To be considered for this opportunity, you must be capable of taking accounts to trial balance and be well versed in the use of Sage.
The role of Assistant Accountant will offer a salary of £22,000 - £24,000 plus a benefits package including generous holiday & pension contributions. The office premises are based 15 minutes outside Edinburgh city centre with parking facilitates available on-site.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance and deputising with routine finance queries in their absence
- Assisting with month end duties including journals, accruals and prepayments
- Processing and maintaining purchase ledger
- Processing and maintaining sales ledger including limited credit control duties
- Monthly bank reconciliations including petty cash
- Processing and reconciling expense & company credit cards
- Processing BACs payments & direct debits
- Maintaining and developing organisational database
- Assisting the Head of Finance to develop processes, procedures & controls
- Assisting the Head of Finance with budgeting & forecasting
- Adhoc duties
To be considered, you must have the following experience:
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience – ESSENTIAL
- Ability to take accounts to trial balance – ESSENTIAL
- Practical experience of Sage – ESSENTIAL
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Gardner on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion. Early applications are encouraged.