A varied 12 month FTC in characterful offices in Edinburgh city centre for an accountant to manage and report all transactions and review, design and implement finance policies, processes and systems. The role will also involve financial analysis and modelling for financial planning and management information. The organisation offers an excellent pension (worth 20%), holidays and flexibility.
A dynamic and commercial SME in Edinburgh city centre close to Haymarket station
· Management of the general financial ledgers
· Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and associated reporting
· Period end reporting including period end adjustments and key reconciliations
· Review and reconciliation of reports for financial transactions carried out by outsourced-service providers
· Variance analysis of financial performance against budget and forecast
· Development, maintenance and preparation of regular management information and ad hoc reports, as appropriate, for various committees and board
· Working with managing agents, colleagues and advisors to prepare and collate budgets and forecasts
· Preparation of financial analysis by division, local authority or other segmentation
· Cost monitoring and reporting, including for capital portfolios across the business
· Ensure that an effective and efficient customer-focussed service is provided to internal and external customers
· Assisting with the design of Key Performance Indicators - calculation and reporting thereon
· Maintain and develop current financial systems and policies to ensure fit for purpose
· Provide assistance to and liaise with external and internal auditors
· Maintain the fixed asset register and carry out depreciation calculations
· Ensuring accurate accounting and reporting of the investment properties portfolio
· Preparation of statutory annual accounts.
· Preparation and submission of taxation returns including partial exemption VAT requirements and CIS returns.
· Preparation of budget and cashflow monitoring reports
- A proven track record in working with colleague's and customers from a wide variety of different business backgrounds
- Excellent systems and excel skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to focus on priorities whilst having completing demands
- Finalist or fully qualified accountant