iMultiply are delighted to be retained to support Social Bite with the appointment of a permanent Finance Manager.
Social Bite is on a mission to build a collaborative movement to end homelessness in Scotland. The organisation is run on a not for profit basis and one quarter of the company’s employees are from homeless and severely excluded backgrounds. They run a number of different projects closely aligned to make this mission a reality.
Through their sandwich shop cafes they distribute over 100,000 items of food and hot drinks to homeless people every year.
Projects like The Social Bite Village and events like Sleep in the Park are playing a key role in helping people out of homelessness in the long term as well raising mass awareness of the homelessness issue in Scotland.
Working within Social Bite requires the ability and agility to deliver at speed and we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Finance Manager who can hit the ground running.
This is a brand new role at Social Bite and will primarily be involved with reviewing the current finance out-sourcing arrangement and agreeing a plan, with the Finance Director, on how to move some, or all, of this in-house.
This role will ultimately become responsible for the day to day finances within the organisation. The role is very much one that is hands on and requires an individual that is willing to carry out day to processing, problem solve, develop solutions and look to progress towards management accounts preparation and forecasting. The role of the Finance Manager will support Social Bite in making the best decisions, achieving best value and providing an added value service to all stakeholders.
The position of Finance Manager will offer a competitive salary and benefits including holiday and pension allowances. The role is full time Monday to Friday and the office premises are based at the West End in Edinburgh, easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Working with current out-sourced finance function to improve the current process whilst implementing a plan to move this in-house
- Reviewing and improving current finance processes and procedures and continuing to evolve this as required
- Regularly reconciling bank, cash takings, credit card receipts, credit cards and petty cash accounts
- Sales and Purchase ledger processing and credit control
- Managing cash-flow forecasts and supplier payment scheduling
- Preparing Quarterly VAT Submissions
- Assisting with the budgeting process
- Reviewing overheads and identifying cost and efficiency savings
- Liaising with external accountants regarding the annual audit and accounts
- Supporting staff with their day to day finance needs
In due course, the role may include monthly management accounts preparation (depending on experience).
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A relevant degree, equivalent qualification or working towards one
- A proven track record of being hands on within a small finance function including liaising and influencing senior internal & external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous but not essential
- Proficient user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of identifying problems and providing solutions
Please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Partner, Andrew Robinson at iMultiply for a private and confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity - 01316037747 or email@example.com
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.