iMultiply are delighted to be exclusively retained on the assignment of Finance Manager for Hibernian Football Club. The role is paying a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum with additional benefits package.
Founded in 1875, Hibernian FC are a world renowned football club and one of Scotland’s largest. The club pride themselves on professionalism, both on and off the pitch – investing heavily in both the team and in the community in recent years.
The club has recently seen a change in ownership – as Ron Gordon, an American businessman who is a founder and Director of John Marshall Bank (a leading community bank serving the Washington D.C. metropolitan area), became the majority shareholder in July 2019.
Mr Gordon, along with the CEO and Finance Director, are now looking to take on this new chapter with a Finance Manager who is keen to help them drive the club forward; and who takes pride in their own personal development.
The role of Finance Manager will report to the Finance Director and will be charged with supervising two members of staff. The successful candidate will ideally be part-qualified, well versed in the full month end procedure and have experience of producing monthly management accounts for senior management.
Moreover, the successful individual should also have working knowledge of VAT Returns and monthly payroll; as well as being proficient on MS Excel and accounting software(s) i.e. SAGE 200.
The role of Finance Manager will offer a salary between £30,000 - £35,000, with an excellent benefits package (including complimentary tickets to all home matches). The office is based at Easter Road Stadium, so there is parking on site; as well as being easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Draft the monthly management accounts for review, ensuring that they are accurate, timely and have all major variances explained.
- Prepare monthly management accounts packs for budget holders throughout the club.
- Ensure every balance sheet account is reconciled at the end of each month ready for review by the Finance Director
- Ensure robust controls and efficient processes are maintained across all accounting functions
- Day to day running of the finance team, overseeing the management of the Sales Ledger, Cashbook, Bank Reconciliation and Purchase Ledger processes
- Support and provide cover for colleagues in finance department specifically
- purchase order system, purchase ledger and suppliers
- Sales ledger, cashbook and bank reconciliation
- Produce quarterly VAT return for review by the Finance Director
- Co-ordinate the year-end audit pack
- Manage Share Register
- Support budget holders throughout the Club to ensure that a high standard of service is delivered to the Club at all times
- Assist in a successful transition of payroll processing from the Human Resources department to the Finance department
- Assist in a successful transition of the accounting function from the Hibernian Community Foundation to the Club’s Finance department
- Other ad hoc duties
To be considered for the role you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years accountancy and finance based experience
- Have experience of preparing monthly management accounts
- Be Part-Qualified (desirable not essential)
- Have working knowledge of payroll
- Have working knowledge of Sage 200 (desirable not essential)
- Have excellent stakeholder engagement, relationship building and communication skills
- Be willing to work out with standard hours of work if/when required i.e. midweek match days etc.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Jack Ramage for a private and confidential discussion on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org