As the Finance and Operations Manager at Float, you’ll help support the business during an exciting and important phase of growth. Having recently secured funding to invest in growth in the UK and Australia, we need to support the team while also ensuring good financial governance. This role will also be constantly driving improvements in processes and efficiencies across the business.
The Finance and Operations Manager will effectively support the business on all aspects of finance ensuring that the function always runs smoothly. While the role has key responsibilities in the finance function it will also support other business operations including IT, legal & compliance, HR and facilities. This is very much a hands-on position that requires an individual looking for a varied role that will give them exposure to the breadth of activities of the business.
Equally, the importance of ensuring that the successful candidate is a strong fit for the organisational culture, ethos and values will be high on the agenda.
Key to success
The Finance and Operations Manager position is a challenging role best suited to an individual who is high performing and driven. The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication, organisational and IT skills and be able to demonstrate initiative and a can-do approach to all aspects of the role. To be successful in this position, you must thrive on challenges and enjoy working in a busy, dynamic environment.
A candidate willing to carry out daily processing, with a problem-solving mindset, who can develop solutions and look to improve systems and processes whilst developing the monthly management accounts packs and assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes. The role of the Finance Manager will support the business in making the best decisions, achieving best value and providing an added value service to all stakeholders both internally and externally
The preferred candidate would be a qualified accountant although part qualified or qualified by experience would also be considered should the individual be able to demonstrate the experience of working within a similarly dynamic SME.
This is an integral role in the organisation and will be highly visible which requires an individual of high calibre. Someone who is organised, has excellent attention to detail, a strong technical background with a drive for success would thrive in this role.
The Role of Finance and Operations Manager is a newly created role reporting directly to the COO, the role will ultimately be responsible for the day to day running of the finance function it will also support other business operations including IT, legal & compliance, HR and facilities. This is very much a hands-on position that requires an individual looking for a varied role that will give them exposure to a breadth of activities
The Finance Manager will effectively support the business on all aspects of finance ensuring that the function always runs smoothly. They will have ultimate responsibility for the integrity of all financial records and accounting to include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and analysis of departmental spend to budget
- Work with our internal bookkeeper to ensure a smooth and timely month end close
- Consolidation of group entities for management reporting
- Assist with the preparation and understanding of weekly and monthly business metrics
- Manage the outsourced payroll function, sending relevant information in a timely manner and reviewing before authorising for payment
- Ensure effective management of FX exposure with overseas entities
- Work with our external accountants to prepare and finalise year end statutory accounts
- Work with our external tax advisors to prepare the R&D tax credits claim and review the year end corporation tax computation
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and claims
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting
· Help drive best practice in IT set-up and security
· Assist with the annual review of group insurance policies
· Ensure the office is well supplied and organised to create an enjoyable and effective working environment for the whole team
Package on offer
Salary: Competitive DOE
Full-time Hours: Normal working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
- 34 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), increasing by one day per year up to 39 days
- 4 week paid sabbatical in your 5th year in addition to your normal holiday allowance
- Company pension (we’ll match up to 5%)
- Free team lunches on Fridays
- Discounts and offers through our Perks at Work scheme
- Enhanced family policies (enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave, as well as a childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme)