iMultiply are partnering with Rural Stirling Housing Association to recruit to the permanent position of Finance & Corporate Services Officer.
Rural Stirling Housing Association provides quality, affordable homes and services throughout the rural north and west Stirling Council area. A developer of new affordable homes, an RSL (Registered Social Landlord) and a charity - with over 580 homes for rent and low-cost home-ownership now in management. The organisation aims to develop other, non-housing, "wider role" projects and services to help communities develop as sustainable, socially inclusive and economically vibrant places.
The positon of Finance & Corporate Services Officer will report to the Finance & Corporate Services Manager/Depute Chief Executive.
The successful applicant will deliver a wide range of financial services including budget management and customer service delivery to achieve the Association’s key strategic objectives in relation to finance. The post holder will deliver high levels of performance and continuous improvement to agreed performance targets. You will ensure that the financial affairs are managed in an effective and efficient manner, maintaining its financial viability.
You will also work closely with the job-share /part-time Corporate Services Officer to deliver an effective and efficient Corporate Services function which underpins the business of the Association and is responsive to the needs of the RSHA’s Board/ Committees, staff and customers by using robust and transparent governance structures. You will have a key role in ensuring high quality support is provided to all internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The role of Finance & Corporate Services Officer will offer a full-time equivalent salary of £31,282 - £34,350 plus a contributory pension. Applications are encouraged from both full-time and part-time applicants (28-35 hours per week). The office premises are based in the village of Doune, near Stirling, with parking facilities available on-site.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs
- Assistance with preparation of annual accounts and year-end process including external audit
- Variance analysis
- Prepare the Association’s annual capital and revenue budget
- Contribute to the preparation of the Business Plan, Annual Report and ARC return
- Monitor daily and longer term cashflow requirements and produce update cashflow projections to assist and manage the treasury management function
- Ensure all salary administration, PAYE, pensions and payments to HMRC are made timeously
- Reconcile bank and petty cash accounts monthly
- Reconcile rent accounting as required and be responsible for rent ledger
- Ensure RSHA has appropriate systems for rent accounting including recovery of former tenant arrears and bad debts
- Full ownership and responsibility of maintaining the Association’s financial ledgers
In conjunction with the job share/part-time Corporate Services Officer you will:
- Manage, on a daily basis, the Corporate Governance structure and decision-making framework, ensuring all necessary information is provided in a timely manner
- Complete and return statistical information to external agencies as required
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, statutory and legal requirements
- Implement and manage effective recording and reporting systems and procedures
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant, however, finalist or qualified by experience will also be considered
- Corporate service experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Advanced user of Excel
- Ability to interact and engage with senior internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Gardner on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.
Application closing date is Thursday 25th of May and all third party applications will be forwarded to our recruitment partner at iMultiply.
Please find attached an information pack which includes:
a) Application form
b) Job Profile
c) Diversity and Equal Opportunities monitoring form
d) Information on Rural Stirling Housing Association
e) Staff organisation structure
f) Summary of conditions of service
g) Guidance notes
Please return the forms, marked ‘private and confidential' to Fiona Gardner, Talent Acquisition Specialist, iMultiply, Strathmore Business Centre, 8B McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4LZ or by email to email@example.com by Thursday 25th May at 12 noon.
Late applications or CVs will not be considered.