An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a permanent Commercial & Operational Financial Analyst based in Edinburgh paying up to £40,000 plus car, bonus and pension.
This acquisitive and evolving business has an unrivalled reputation for progressing the careers & exposure of senior finance professionals. The business has gone through a very exciting period of growth with further expansion planned over the coming months and years. Its present the perfect learning platform and environment for a newly qualified Accountant to cut one’s teeth and gain invaluable commercial exposure.
The position of Commercial & Operational Financial Analyst sits within the FP&A team with responsibility for a number of highly performing and flagship divisions. This role is ideal for a finalist (must be actively studying with only a few exams remaining) or a newly qualified Accountant that has the ability to analyse high volumes of data that can then be used to business partner with senior non-financial stakeholders to improve the efficiency of operations whilst positively impacting on the bottom line.
The role of Commercial & Operational Financial Analyst will offer a salary of up to £40,000 plus the following benefits:
- Company Car
- Private medical healthcare
The offices premises are based in Edinburgh and easily accessible via public transport, plus have parking facilities available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Senior Finance Manager
- Production and presentation of weekly & monthly reporting packs
- Managing a number of high value & business critical projects
- Investment appraisals and business planning
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Short, medium and long-term forecasting
- KPI setting & monitoring
- Commercial and operational analysis including pricing, resourcing, margins, costs etc
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Business partnering with external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- Liaising with key internal finance functions
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Newly qualified Accountant or finalist (actively studying) – ESSENTIAL
- Commercially and analytically minded
- Advanced user of Excel and ability to analyse high volumes of data
- Ability to business partner, challenge and influence non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.