6 month day rate contract for an experienced management accountant with good business partnering skills (there may be a permanent role available in the future).
A progressive and high profile company with a forward thinking finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a hands-on analytical finance role that requires an individual with commitment and drive. The ability to build relationships with and influence stakeholders is a key requirement. As a member of the business partnering team, the role will also include supporting the development of financial plans and budgets and preparation of management accounts to assist with the financial performance of the business. Challenging growth targets have also been set for 2018/19 and understanding and tracking performance against these will be key for both Finance and customers.
Key areas of focus will include:
· Ownership of the month end process including preparation and review of journals, preparation of management accounts and variance analysis
· Identifying underlying causes for variances from budgets and forecasts and supporting in developing corrective actions to ensure financial targets can be achieved
· Monitoring the monthly financial performance of the business, through attending weekly business performance meetings and regular dialogue with customers
· Preparing monthly rolling cost forecasts, including discussion and challenge with Departmental Heads
· Providing insightful comment on financial performance for the Executive team
· Providing insightful analysis, interpretation and explanation of trends and variances across the business
· Supporting business in building the annual budget and challenging the business on expected levels of future revenue and costs
· Ownership of consolidation of total figures, and preparation of reporting packs
· Preparing quarterly re-forecasts taking account of material external and internal factors
· Supporting in the future strategic direction of the business through assisting in the production of 5 year financial plan
It is essential that the individual comes from a business background where they will have a strong awareness of best practice approaches to developing management information and business partnering.
The role is suited to ideally a qualified accountant who can work closely with all levels of non-finance stakeholders across all functions displaying an assertive and highly collaborative approach.