iMultiply are delighted to be supporting Edinburgh Airport with the appointment of a permanent Business Partner for Operations based in Edinburgh paying a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Edinburgh Airport is Scotland’s busiest and the UK’s sixth busiest airport with more than 30 airlines serving over 100 destinations worldwide. The airport reported more than 13.4 million passengers in 2017, recording it's busiest year in history. It has been the third successive year where the airport reported a year on year increase of over 1 million passengers travelling via the airport. This illustrates the success of its commercial strategy and its position as one of the UK’s fastest growing airports.
The airport is highly regarded as an entrepreneurial business that is committed to offering a market leading proposition to airlines and passengers and is focused on a commercial strategy that incentivises growth.
To support future commercial growth Edinburgh Airport continues to invest in its asset base, with major programmes underway to increase stand capacity, expand the terminal building and provide additional operational capacity in baggage, check-in, security and immigration.
From a broader perspective, studies show that the airport contributes almost £1 billion to the Scottish economy every year and supports more than 23,000 jobs across Scotland.
Edinburgh Airport’s principal shareholder is Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) which is an independent private equity investor combining industry sector expertise with best practice industrial management. GIP acquired Edinburgh Airport in June 2012 after purchasing the airport from BAA for £807.2m.
The Business Partner for Operations is a critical role within the business partnering team focused on supporting the Chief Operating Officer and leading members of the Operations team with detailed financial analysis, forward planning and decision support for Operations costs – a total costbase of c.50m. The role will report directly to the Senior Business Partner for costs.
Costs are and will continue to be a major focus for Edinburgh Airport in 2018, with priorities to embed cost management principles across all areas of the business and delivering on a stretching cost productivity agenda. As such, the Business Partner will play a key role in understanding and tracking performance against targets, requiring the development of strong relationships across the business. The role will offer excellent exposure to a range of functions within the airport and the opportunity to partner several members of the airports executive team.
Edinburgh Airport offers an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to develop their career in a fast paced and challenging environment. The airport requires an individual of the highest calibre to work in this multi-faceted role, with key skills in accounting, decision support and key stakeholder management, a must to meet the daily challenges this rapidly expanding company delivers.
The position of Business Partner for Operations will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. The offices are based in Edinburgh Airport with parking facilities available onsite or easily accessible via public transport.
A leading member of the finance team, this is a role requiring an individual with commitment, drive and ambition. Reporting to the Senior Business Partner for costs, this is a hands-on analytical finance role involved in identifying key financial trends, driving productivity improvements, providing insight into commercial opportunities and helping to shape the future direction of the business through sound and insightful financial analysis.
The successful candidate will primarily support the Chief Operating Officer and the leading members of the Operations team and it is therefore essential the candidate can build relationships with and influence key stakeholders.
As a member of the business partnering team, the role will also include the development of financial plans and budgets and oversight of management accounts to assist with the financial performance of the business.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Ownership of the Operations month end process including, but not restricted to, preparation and review of journals, preparation of management accounts together with variance analysis against budget and forecast;
- Partnering the Operations team to identify, validate and deliver cost productivity initiatives;
- Identifying underlying causes for variances from budgets and forecasts and supporting the development of action plans to ensure financial targets can be achieved;
- Monitoring the monthly financial performance of the business through attending weekly business performance meetings and regular dialogue with customers;
- Providing insightful commentary on financial performance for the Executive team and the Board;
- Delivering insightful analysis, interpretation and explanation of trends and variances across the operation;
- Supporting the Operations team in building the annual budget and challenging the business on expected levels of future costs;
- Preparing quarterly re-forecasts taking account of material external and internal factors;
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – CA, ACCA, CIMA
- Educate to degree level would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen
- Proven commercial experience influencing senior stakeholders and their decision making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or email@example.com for a private & confidential conversation regarding this exceptional opportunity,
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.