A Qualified Accountant is sought by one of Scotland’s largest Chartered Accountancy firms who require an Audit Senior.
This large CA firm, headquartered in Glasgow, have a vast array of clients for virtually every sector spanning the whole of the UK. Their dedicated team of specialists provide a variety of services and they see themselves as a one-stop-shop for all Accountancy & Finance resources. They are famed for their levels of excellent client service and they pride themselves in their ability to assist businesses achieve their ambitions.
Within this role, you will be working on external audits for a wide range of high profile clients, including, public, education, charity and private sectors.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement
- Identify risk matters and raise with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Produce work for Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate/agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
A salary of up to £38k is available, depending on experience, and the office is easily accessible in Glasgow City Centre. Other benefits are also on offer and will be confirmed at interview stage.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A professional qualification (eg, CA, ACA, ACCA) is essential
- Significant audit experience will be required, ideally, a minimum of 1 year PQ experience
- Experience of medium to large sized company audit file work would be preferred. Also, knowledge of public sector and charity audits would be beneficial
- Accounts preparation: must have an excellent understanding and proven experience in this area and be comfortable with the preparation of financial statements and appropriate disclosures
- Appropriate awareness reporting standards
- First class communication skills will be required, along with the ability to convey complex financial matters in a way that is easily understood
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Full driving licence beneficial
If you have any questions regarding this position then please do not hesitate to contact Iain Hughes at the iMultiply office in Glasgow or alternatively you can apply via the link.