An excellent opportunity has arisen for a permanent Assistant Financial Controller based in Edinburgh city centre.
This innovative technology business has a highly disruptive and niche proposition that has resulted in them being labelled a true market leader. The business already has a significant presence in the UK and US with further growth forecasted due to geographic expansion and acquisitions presenting the perfect time to be joining an exceptional company within a thriving sector.
The position of Assistant Financial Controller will build and maintain a first-class UK finance function whilst being heavily involved in the growth of the business including due diligence & integrations of acquisitions. To be considered for this opportunity you must be a qualified Accountant with managerial experience and ideally with M&A or integration accounting exposure. The business is also willing to take a qualified CA looking to take their first step into industry from the “Big Four”.
The role of Assistant Financial Controller will offer a salary of £60,000 - £65,000 plus highly competitive benefits package including bonus, pension and other fantastic perks. The office premises are based in Edinburgh city centre and easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Responsible for keeping appropriate accounting records, sufficient to show and explain the organisations transactions and disclose the financial position of the Company and the Group in accordance with the Companies Act 2006.
- Prepare and manage the production and subsequent distribution of bi-annual Interim and Year End reports to all shareholders and additional stakeholders. This will include preparation of certain announcements for the London Stock Exchange.
- Research and prepare technical accounting papers for the auditors as necessary to support desired outcomes for the company and apply and adapt accounting policies as permissible.
- Acquisition accounting work and impairment work resulting from mergers, acquisition activity and business combinations. Integration and standardisation of additional entities coming into the group together with Intangible valuations and any Purchase Price Allocation work.
- Responsible for UK taxation and compliance; including Corporation Tax, Payroll, P11d, SAYE, VAT, R&D Tax credit. Also, maintain all Entity Deferred taxation positions and prepare 1099’s for US contractors.
- Provide monthly MI to both the Operations and Plc Boards (by Dept. and/or by Subsidiary vs Plan and/or Prior Periods) together with variance analysis, anomaly investigation, impact assessment and recommended corrective actions, to ensure appropriate business management decisions can be taken by the Operations and Plc Boards.
- Promote improvements to the Group Internal Control Environment including developing, implementing and documenting new and improved policies and processes; implement associated systems, either paper, electronic, providing ongoing education, and training and support thereon.
- Cash flow planning including assisting in the Group wide foreign exchange and onward settlement of Group financial liabilities.
- Provision of credit card services and support to all relevant employees.
- Preparation of share option plan charges together with any assessment of impact of proposed variations.
- Provide management to UK finance team, including involvement in recruitment, contribution management, and development activities; ensuring day-to-day activities are completed.
- Support the Financial Controller and Group CFO, in conjunction with the finance team, on ad-hoc projects that provide finance support to the organisation in meeting its needs.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – ICAS/ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA with 3 years+ post qualification experience
- Senior Management experience
- M&A, corporate finance or integration accounting experience would be highly advantageous
- Ability to engaged, interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.