Accounts Assistant (Accountancy Practice/Firm)
£16,000 - £19,000 plus excellent progression opportunities and study support
iMultiply are delighted to be engaged on an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant based in Edinburgh.
A mid-tier CA firm with an excellent reputation for consistently providing a fantastic service to their diverse and wide-ranging client base. This business prides itself on going beyond the numbers and going over and above the status quo. If you are someone who seeks to really add value to you clients and make a tangible difference to your client's business then this may be the firm for you. This firm is currently in a rapid period of growth and is an excellent time to get on board.
The position of Accounts Assistant is a superb opportunity for a candidate coming from an Accountancy Firm/Practice background looking to develop their career in an instantly recognisable firm. The role offers excellent variety and exposure and presents the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting and fastest growing SMEs in the East Central Scotland marketplace.
The role of Accounts Assistant will offer a salary of £16,000 - £19,000 plus a highly competitive benefits package and excellent progression opportunities and study support. The businesses stunning and modern offices are based in Edinburgh city centre.
The role will fashion the following duties:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Providing commentary on management accounts including variance/ratio analysis
- Undertaking general Bookkeeping
- Processing BACS payments
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Preparation monthly/quarterly VAT returns.
- Liaising with clients by email, phone and face to face to build effective working relationships
- Attending clients meetings with senior team members
To be considered for this role you have the following skills/experience:
- Worked in an Accountancy Firm/Practice environment for ideally 6-12 months ESSENTIAL
- Be personable and competent in building trust and rapport
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and develop existing client relationships
- Be confident in working to tight deadlines effectively
For more information, please contact Gareth Spowart at the Edinburgh office for a private and confidential discussion.