iMultiply are engaged with an established Scottish headquartered business for the recruitment of a Accounts Assistant paying £25,000 - £27,000 plus a competitive benefits package. This is an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant looking to make a move into a business that's keen to support their development and career progression.
Based in Edinburgh City Centre, the organisation employs over 300 people and boasts a number of key and diverse revenue streams. With a number of recent senior hires, the organisation has sent a message to the market that they intend to grow their market share in the short to medium term with more hires and acquisitions in the pipeline.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will report to one of the Accountants and will be responsible for supporting month and year end management accounts, group intercompany recharges and back-office Group Treasury function within the central finance team.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
• Bank Reconciliations – multi entity, multi-currency
• Prepare journals as required including prepayments, deferred income and accruals
• Prepare and issue debit notes for all rechargeable time and third-party charges on a monthly basis and complete related accounting entries including foreign exchange adjustments
• Reconcile ICO accounts monthly and resolve any differences, follow up outstanding balances
• Process all payments through to release on Bottomline GT Cash and other banking systems and ensure that the appropriate authorised signatories release payments before cut-off each day for all payments
• Provide cover/support to Central Accounting team
• Contribute towards overall improvement of the Central Accounting
• Assist with interim and year end audit
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
• Previous accounting experience essential
• Good Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
• Inter-company billing experience advantageous
• Unit 4 experience advantageous
• Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Keen, flexible attitude
Also desirable would be:
• Educated to HND/Degree level
• Accounts Assistant experience working within multi-currency ledgers
• Studying towards an accounting qualification
Please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Zoltie on 0131 603 7749 or email@example.com for a private and confidential discussion.