iMultiply are partnering with a well-known business in Edinburgh to recruit their permanent Accounts & Transactional Manager position.
This highly commercial business has several recognisable divisions that are performing exceptionally well resulting in steady and continued growth. Over recent years the business has continued to expand and increase headcount where as other mainstream competitors have downsized which highlights their diversity, depth and impressive business model.
The role of Accounts & Transactional Manager is a newly created position to support and work closely with the Senior Management Accountant & Financial Controller. You will be responsible for leading a team of Accounts Assistants whilst also being hands on month-end finance duties including cashflow analysis, VAT and year-end/audit preparation.
The position of Accounts & Transactional manager will offer a salary of £30,000 - £32,000 plus a competitive benefits package. The offices premises are based in Edinburgh with parking available on-site or easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Leading a team of Accounts Assistants
- Delegating and reviewing of month end duties
- Providing training to develop and upskill the existing workforce
- Staff recruitment including developing job specifications, screening of CV’s and interviewing
- Conducting annual appraisals and assisting with personal development plans
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- VAT returns
- Assisting with the maintenance of fixed assets
- Cashflow analysis
- Assisting with payroll
- Reviewing and developing processes, produces & controls
- Assisting with system developments
- Overseeing purchase ledger maintenance and processing
- Overseeing sales ledger maintenance and processing
- Overseeing credit control activities
- Ensuring all bank accounts and petty cash are reconciled
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Monitoring daily bank transactions and processing
- Ensuring payments are made on time and accurately
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Team management or supervisory experience – ESSENTIAL
- Exposure to both purchase & sales ledger – ESSENTIAL
- Accounts experience such as VAT and Cashflow would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal and confidential chat. A full job specification is available for suitable applicants.