iMultiply are delighted to be working with a well-known contact of ours based in the City Centre of Glasgow for a maternity cover post which will cover a period of 12 months. This business has been in the very fortunate situation where they have been classed as essential workers due to a number of high profile maintenance contracts up and down the UK and are experiencing a very busy period right now.
This position, whilst based in Glasgow City centre, will have a large part of isolated working from home so it is essential that the successful candidate brings a driven and motivated work ethic to the role and is a strong communicator to a wide range of stakeholders within the business.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Purchase Ledger.
• Process Invoices on system when received from Glasgow.
• Payment of Invoices in line with payment terms and on approval under the delegation of authority matrix.
• Weekly creditors reporting.
• Maintenance of Direct Debits ensuring that invoices relating to payments have been received.
2. Sales Ledger.
• Raising of Sales Invoices and entering on system.
• Weekly Debtors Reporting.
• Maintenance of the Company Bank Accounts.
• Management of payments including to suppliers and HMRC for VAT.
4. Fixed Assets.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register including calculation and posting of depreciation.
5. Month and Year End.
• Monthly computation of Accruals and Prepayments with necessary postings.
• Preparation and Review of Monthly and YTD Profit and Loss Account.
• Ensure month end close down of system.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• To provide reporting as and when required to Parent Company, Directors, Finance Manager and Commercial Manager
• To assist in the preparation of an annual budget.
8. VAT and Taxation.
• Ensure that input and output tax is correctly recorded from Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger Invoices.
• Completion of VAT return in line with reporting requirements ensuring any payment deadlines are met.
• Monthly Corporation Tax Calculation.
• Preparation of Statutory Accounts.
• To be able to cover other finance roles in the event of absence.
• Maintain organized archive of all invoices, reports and other financial and tax documents.
• Any further adhoc finance related task as requested by the Finance Manager or Directors.
• Assist with the annual Audit.
• Provide support to other members of the Finance Team where required.
• Qualified/part qualified accountant
• Advanced Excel skills
• Good systems knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with non-financial personnel.
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact Daryl Harper on 07809 737 580 or send your CV to email@example.com