An excellent opportunity for a permanent Accountant has arisen in the West side of Edinburgh paying £35,000 - £40,000 plus a competitive benefits package.
This large international business has experienced steady growth over the past 10 years to become a driving force and brand within their sector. Due to exciting recent announcements, it presents the ample time to be joining this business as it embarks on another stage of its impressive journey which will allow employees to be involved in high value & business critical projects whilst constantly increasing their level of exposure.
The position of Accountant will report to the Head of Finance with a dotted line to the Financial Controller. Historically, this role has been responsible for completing month-end and year-end deadlines for core internal functions (HR, IT, Legal etc.) however the role is now evolving to include business partnering with non-financial stakeholders to support on budgeting, forecasting and planning.
The role of Accountant will offer a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 plus a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical healthcare. The office premises are based towards the West of Edinburgh with parking Available on-site making them easily accessible from West Lothian, Fife, Falkirk, Stirling and Lanarkshire.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance with a dotted line to the Financial Controller
- Business partnering with core internal functions to support on budgeting, forecasting & planning
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- KPI monitoring and reporting
- P&L analysis
- Capital projects reporting
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Liaising with group finance including statutory reporting and internal/external audit
- Adhering to processes, procedures & controls
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – finalist or qualified by experience may be considered with relevant practical experience
- Exposure to working with large international business would be advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.