This Rowan Alba service has been running since 1999 and covers Perth & Kinross.
Their Housing Support Service offers vulnerable people the opportunity to improve their quality of life through greater independence. The staff team focus on enabling and empowering each client to live independently in their own homes.
Housing Support aims to:
provide a person-centred service. Each and every person is consulted to ensure that the service is responsive to their needs and that their needs are met.
- make sure service users are supported to make their own decisions and choices wherever possible.
- provide a flexible service that’s responsive to each individual’s needs and circumstances.
- promote and encourage independence.
- work with every service user to draw up their own individual support plan and constantly consult with them on its implementation with regular reviews.
The Housing Support Service supports adults of all ages, who have been identified as in need of assistance. This covers a variety of support needs including:
- mental health issues
- elderly clients
- learning difficulties
- physical disabilities
- drug or alcohol issues
- assistance with maintaining and sustaining a tenancy
- support with health issues
- encouragement into employment and training, and
- general support and counselling.
Referrals for Housing Support can be made by anyone acting on behalf of the service user, including a social worker, GP, health visitor, neighbour, carer, family member, directly by the service user themselves. Contact the Rowan Alba office for details.