iMultiply is delighted to be engaged on the position of Head of Finance (3 days a week) for a not for profit organisation that focuses on helping homeless people help themselves based in Edinburgh city centre.
This organisation works across Edinburgh and Perth to support vulnerable people on their journey to a home of their own.
They work with individuals whose lives are chaotic often, but not exclusively, due to domestic abuse, drug or alcohol dependency or mental health issues. A combination of these factors can lead to homelessness, which makes the whole situation much more complex, and one not always solved by providing a roof over a head.
The organisation takes enormous pride in creating a positive, engaging and rewarding environment for its workforce and this is reflected in the dedication and passion that each employee demonstrates towards the goals, visions and values.
This well recognised not for profit organisation supports other charities across Scotland allowing them to have a positive impact on local communities. After a significant period of change, they are recruiting for a Head of Finance who can drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
The role of Head of Finance (3 days a week) will offer a salary of £30,000 - £36,000 FTE, a generous holiday allowance and excellent benefits package. This role requires an individual to work 3 days per week, however there is flexibility over which days these can be. The offices are based in Edinburgh city centre and are easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the CEO
- Direct line management of Finance Assistant
- Production & presentation of quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Budget setting & monitoring
- Short, medium and long-term forecasting
- Managing the cash flow
- Finance business partnering with non-financial stakeholders
- Support fundraising managers with preparation of tenders, funding an reporting
- Overseeing centralised finance duties - balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, journals, prepayments
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Liaising with external partners such as Banks, Suppliers, Auditors etc.
- Involvement in high value and business critical projects
- Ad-hoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant would be advantageous but not essential
- Operated at Managerial level with responsibility for day to day operations of a finance function
- Not for profit sector experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Gardner on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion.