Group Management Accountant
The role is based at the Head office in Glasgow, although quarterly visits to their English base are required. Reporting to the MD, you will be responsible for ensuring that accurate and timely monthly management and financial reporting is delivered, with a strong focus on robust financial controls, processes and systems.
You will be the key stakeholder in the business regarding financial matters and you will have a great deal of influence over commercial decisions.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack.
- Preparation of the quarterly board pack including commentary.
- Managing the budget and forecasting process.
- Managing the month end processes ensuring accuracy & deadlines are met.
- Cash flow projections & management.
- Maximising working capital through management and reduction of slow moving stock and reduction of sales ledger debtor levels.
- Preparation of VAT return and analysis.
- Managing & Reviewing the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reviewing and ensuring quality of core ledgers.
- Providing cost analysis and providing ongoing advice for the business.
Operational and Team Management Responsibilities
- Oversee a small team and ensure there is a strong focus on staff development and succession planning
- Review current team performance and manage recruitment process as necessary
- Work closely with other departments to ensure a joined-up approach across the whole manufacturing process
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement
- Review stock management procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintain collaborative relationships with customers and external stakeholders
This role comes with a negotiable salary of £40000 - £50000, depending on experience, as well as other benefits. It is expected that this role will evolve into a more senior position in line with company expansion so you will have an excellent opportunity to progress your career further.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACMA, ACCA) will be the preference but QBE candidates with suitable experience may be considered
- Demonstrable experience of a similar role is essential
- You will currently be operating at a similar level within a family-run SME on a similar scale to The Beal Group
- Experience of a fast-paced manufacturing environment will be required, ideally low-margin / high-volume
- A proven track record of maintaining and improving stock management processes/systems is essential
- First class team management experience will be required
- Ideally, you will previous experience of using Pegasus, although training will be provided
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills would be beneficial
iMultiply Resourcing are engaged exclusively on a retained basis as The Beal Group’s recruitment partner. All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this position then please contact Iain Hughes at the iMultiply office in Glasgow on 01416489153, get in touch by email on email@example.com