This opportunity has been created in line with the company’s ambitious expansion plans and is a key part of the long-term succession planning. In the immediate short-term, you will maintain the existing finance function and deal with all business-as-usual duties.
You will also ensure procedures are implemented or improved, and you will assist with the opening of new sites throughout the UK.
Longer term, this role is likely to evolve into a Financial Controller position with responsibility for a larger team covering the UK.
- Production of monthly Management Accounts and presentation to senior management
- Assist the Finance Director with all month-end financial reporting
- Implement or improve financial controls
- You will be hands-on when it comes to Accounts Payable & Receivable and invoicing duties
- Make improvements on current Credit Control procedures and ensure aged debt is managed effectively with any issues dealt with accordingly
- Provide senior management with regular reports and analysis on cashflow and profit & loss, both company-wide and for specific sites
Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
- Oversee the existing small team. Assist with the recruitment of additional finance staff as the company expands
- Ensure finance staff are suitably trained and motivated. Conduct regular performance reviews, 1-to-1s, annual appraisals etc and manage any underperformance with professionalism
- Act as one of the main points of contact for external stakeholders such as HMRC, auditors, banks, personnel from private equity firm
- Assist with the company’s expansion plans and ensure all financial procedures can be rolled out to new sites
- Oversee the outsourcing of payroll duties and maintain the relationship going forward
A salary of £30,000 - 40,000 is on offer, which will be dependent on experience and level of qualification.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Ideally, you will possess a recognised professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Part-qualified applicants will be considered if they are actively studying towards full qualification and can demonstrate relevant experience at a suitable level
- Experience of producing Management Accounts is essential
- Experience of creating Board Packs would be advantageous
- Multi-site experience would be preferred
- Good general IT skills will be required, particularly Microsoft Excel. Exposure to Sage 50 would be beneficial but training can be provided
- Team management experience would be an advantage
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this position then please do not hesitate to contact Iain Hughes or Debbie Shields at the iMultiply office in Glasgow or alternatively you can apply via the link.